Welcome to the Olive Tree, a safe home away from home for your child! As your childcare provider it is my mission to offer a warm, clean and educational environment where your child feels a sense of belonging.
Like children, the olive tree among other trees is a symbol of life, hope and peace. The olive tree, although messy at times, is of great importance to people and the earth.
• At the Olive Tree, all children will receive an abundance of one-on-one attention with a low child to adult ratio (max 5:1).
• The consistency of only full-time children is of comfort to children.
• Time will be spent in different locations in the house and outside throughout the day.
• A brand new basement development is fully dedicated to the day home operations, including learning centers, a kitchenette and a bathroom with a child-size toilet and sink.
• The caregiver is an experienced teacher and a mom who knows the feelings and reservations of leaving her child in the care of another.
• Based on a routine and structured, yet flexible schedule that still values the importance of play and children’s interests.
• The ‘Family Day Home Standards manual for Alberta’ is followed.