PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference?

Cocoon
01-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I do provide receipts for parents' so that they can get some tax reliefs etc. What other benefits parents' could get if I was a subsidy dayhome? So what is the difference?

Thank you all.
Cocoon

playfelt
01-08-2012, 10:33 PM
If you work through an agency in Ontario then then parents can get subsidy to help pay for their childcare costs. Not exactly sure how it works in other provinces. IF you are private in Ontario you can not accept a parent on subsidy.

mom-in-alberta
01-09-2012, 05:51 AM
To the best of my knowledge (someone feel free to correct me if they KNOW I am wrong, lol) a private provider cannot accept subsidied families in Alberta either. If you work with an agency, or are accredited that way, then what that means is that the government will pay a portion of the fees. There is a lot of paperwork involved, and usually the government pays you directly as the provider, but sometimes they pay the parents, sometimes a combination of, and sometimes you get some money from the government and some from the parents separately. That is my understanding, based on what our local agency told me.

Cocoon
01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Ok I get it now. The country I came from has the same thing but it wasn't only for families who are on low income. It was also mid class families too. If you earn under lets say $50.000 per annum then you are eligable for subsidy.
Families had some kind of fund account and the goverment would transfer the money to that account and then families would pay me from their funds. Or families paid some of my fee from their pocket and goverment paid the remainings. I don't think that was for families who on welfare. In fact families who are on welfare had more cash in their hands than families who are working hard! It is NOT fair! :( but anyway this is another story.

sunnydays
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Families here can also get a partial subsidy when they are in middle class. It is much the same as what you describe except that the government pays the provider. Your income determines how much you must pay...some families only recieve a small amount to help out while others have the whole thing covered.

momplus6
01-09-2012, 09:04 PM
In Alberta you can get funding I think up to say 60,000 it just goes down the amount you get for subsidies the more you make. The subsidy payments are paid to the agency or daycare center I am unware of them ever being paid to the parents.