PDA

View Full Version : Question for Ontario daycare providers

cdngirl
04-24-2019, 09:02 AM
Just wondering if those of you in Ontario are getting a lot more calls from subsidy clients these days? It seems for me, the majority of people enquiring about spots are subsidy clients. It's very frustrating as the amount of enquiries are way down this year, and I was full at this time last year.
I'm wondering if it has gotten a lot easier to qualify for subsidy now, or it's just bad luck for me.

It's crossed my mind to cave and work with a daycare agency, but I really don't want to do that. Hoping things pick up soon...

BlueRose
04-24-2019, 10:17 AM
I haven't been getting calls about subsidy spot lately. I have been getting a lot of calls about full fee private home daycare under 2 spots. It depends on where you are located. Two years ago I was getting lots of subsidy calls for my area. I think it goes in cycles. I know that in Ottawa subsidy is on a freeze (no one new can get subsidy money). Not sure how long that will last for.

Peacefulbird
04-24-2019, 12:56 PM
Hi. Most likely for subsidies approvals are set latest by March. After that they have to wait for the next term.

I got many calls for private care. Many that have been approved or know that they would qualify for subsidies they also know that their subsidies would only allow them to apply for "Licensed" childcare.

Is there aNY reason of why they would think or assume you take subsidies?

Maybe, your advertising should let them know. I.e. Private childcare only, "non licensed", no subsidies, etc.

cdngirl
04-24-2019, 02:08 PM
Hi. Most likely for subsidies approvals are set latest by March. After that they have to wait for the next term.

I got many calls for private care. Many that have been approved or know that they would qualify for subsidies they also know that their subsidies would only allow them to apply for "Licensed" childcare.

Is there aNY reason of why they would think or assume you take subsidies?

Maybe, your advertising should let them know. I.e. Private childcare only, "non licensed", no subsidies, etc.

People are finding me on Google and calling without visiting my website where I state that I am private and cannot accept subsidy.
Well at least the one parent I asked told me this. Seems she's having a hard time finding a subsidy space and calling far and wide every daycare in a reasonable area from her.