PDA

View Full Version : Question for opening a daycare. thank you so much

XIAO
06-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone,
I am planning to have a family daycare in my basement. I am wondering if I am allowed to open one when I have a tenant in the laneway (garage) house. Anyone has this kind of experience.

Thank you so much for your help!!:p:D

Suzie_Homemaker
06-11-2019, 04:54 AM
Hi everyone,
I am planning to have a family daycare in my basement. I am wondering if I am allowed to open one when I have a tenant in the laneway (garage) house. Anyone has this kind of experience.

Thank you so much for your help!!:p:D

What Province are you in? Day care regulations are set provincially and so vary from one province to another. Some provinces won't permit a basement day care unless you have a walk out so the tenant issue might be moot.

If the tenants living space is totally separate to the day home, it should be fine but if there's shared access/space/yard, where the tenant might come into contact with the children, then that's a potential issue. If there's going to be any chance of interaction, some provinces might require police check and child abuse registry check for the tenant which in turn, might need their permission to share with potential client's if asked.