PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Withdrawal Policy

04-25-2020, 03:37 PM
Hello everyone,

I hope are all safe and well.

Due to COVID-19 I have been thinking about the possibility that parents may request a temporary withdrawal from daycare. They would come back to daycare once the situation improves (parents are working from home). I would add this new policy to my handbook.

So, technically I would still be holding there spot for them and I am thinking of charging them half of the months fee.

Has anyone else had to do this or something similar?

Thank you for your time and input.

Busy ECE mommy
04-27-2020, 06:48 AM
If you are in Ontario, the emergency order prevents you from charging any fees if the child is not in care. It is also retroactive to April 9, so if parents have paid in advance, they must be refunded their money back to April 9. You also must hold their spot open even though they aren’t paying.
I have lost income from 3 kids as parents want to keep kids home, and I suspect this could be months before people return, if at all.
It’s a very difficult position to be in as a provider if you are open and providing service to a few essential worker parents, while you lose a large % of your income.
With 2 kids I earn too much to get CERB, so I’m open with a 60% loss in income probably for many months.