PDA

View Full Version : Ad postings

mlc1982
01-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Do you always keep your ad's posted even if you're full or do you take them down and add them as needed to fill spots?

If you keep them up and get contacted, how do you deal with that? What's your reply to the people inquiring about spots?

mom-in-alberta
01-14-2012, 03:09 AM
I don't advertise unless I am looking to fill spots.

I would also like to know this, though.... :) Anyone else?

playfelt
01-14-2012, 08:43 AM
I only advertise when I am actively looking because I think it wastes both parents' and my time to do it any other way. Since we can't overlap kids it means we have to know exactly what date a space will become available in our daycare.

I sometimes get requests through my childcare association or from people seeing my old website which is still out there and to those I just say sorry no spaces at this time and then give them an idea of when I anticipate my next opening coming available. I do keep the emails though as in this business we never know and a mom could start mat leave early or move or grandma moves in with them whatever, and then I would go back to those that have emailed and let them know.

Momof4
01-14-2012, 05:06 PM
I was keeping my ad on this site only but I was getting too many people enquiring about spaces even though it said I have no spaces until Sept. 2012. So I discontinued it and will put it back up when I want to start interviewing.

Play and Learn
01-14-2012, 09:20 PM
I always keep advertising, especially on this website - daycarebear. I do have a p/t space available, but not actively looking. I have ads usually up on Kijiji.ca and usedottawa.com.

This leaves me with an option incase someone is to pull their child out of my care. I had a waiting list in the summer for my daycare spot, but had filled them. Now, with one more child that pulled, I have that spot available.

I don't find that it wastes time for me or for the parents as I ask a lot of questions through emails/phone calls. If I feel comfortable with them, I then send them my manual to read through, and then invite them for a home interview. This way it gets all the messy details out of the way, and I know what they're looking for.

VictoriaChildCare
01-14-2012, 10:34 PM
I only post a ad when I have a space available.