PDA

View Full Version : Where do you advertise?

mamaof4
01-17-2012, 04:06 PM
What/ where works best? Where to avoid? What are good things to say in an advert to weed out loony toons?

Momof4
01-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Why daycarebear of course works great. Seriously, it's the site where I get most of my inquiries. I do advertise on Kijiji too when I have spaces but I'm really careful about people who answer that ad even though it's exactly the same on I place here. I think people who check parenting sites are more informed and serious than the people who just look on kijiji. I think linking the ad to your website is the best bet because people can see all your details which answers a lot of questions before talking to you by email or phone.

I try to weed out loony toons at the email and phone stage but just a few squeak through to the personal interview phase.

dodge__driver11
01-17-2012, 08:04 PM
LOL loony toons I wish I'da known before crazy lady... LOL

mom-in-alberta
01-18-2012, 11:05 AM
I try to weed out the crazies with the first phone contact. I don't set up interviews via email because I think in talking to someone directly you get a better feeling for what they are like.
If a parent is rude, demanding or seriously weird on the phone.... chances are it ain't getting much better in person!!
To answer your question; kijiji, daycarebear, word of mouth and actual flyers is how I advertise

mamaof2monkeez
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
I have my own website, I use kijijii, daycare bear, Ontario early years and word of mouth. Have never had a problem with crazies lol....just some spammers

Lou
01-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Flyers at local church and schools, Ontario Early Years, Daycarebear,word of mouth and my big one is Kijiji!

Judy Trickett
01-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Kijiji
daycarebear.ca
childcareshare.ca
godaycare.com

Momof4
01-18-2012, 04:54 PM
I have friends at big companies who always put my ad on their electronic systems so don't forget to check at hospitals, large corporations or factories to see if you can get that done. It's amazing how many people see those ads. Someone posted one for me on a big insurance company system and I have a huge waiting list of people from that one company now.

gcj
01-18-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm in Quebec, so here it's about 99% magarderie (which is the equivalent of daycarebear...same site, really) I also follow a school year schedule (closed all summer...) and my husband's a teacher, so his contacts have been useful, as well as word of mouth..

CPST_Manda
01-18-2012, 10:50 PM
I belong to our unofficial town FB group, as well as one specifically for my subdivision. They're both quite active and I do advertise there on occasion. ALL of my clients have actually come from FB groups and a few from Daycarebear.ca

Crayola kiddies
01-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Kijiji is where I have got all my current kids under contract but I have ads on daycare bear as well, used Ottawa, and word of mouth.