PDA

View Full Version : Bad day!

Skysue
01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Crazy day! I have a 16 month old who just started (2nd week 4th day) and cries all the time, won’t nap, their part time so transition is LONGER.

During song and dance time we sang “Down by the bay” and every time we would sing, “For if I do my mother will say” she would cry like crazy saying Moma over and over. Poor little love.

I have 2 two year olds who have been very naughty today I’m sure its just to gain my attention away from the crying baby. They are both jumping in there playpens banging on the wall as we speak! To top it all off I also have a 14 month old who is teething and wants up all the time!

My only saving grace are my two 4 year olds (one is mine :)) who love to help clean up!

Time for tea!

Today I wish I were at the office!

KingstonMom
01-19-2012, 12:47 PM
heheh sorry, couldnt help but giggle at that part about her crying at the song.
I have a 17 month old, FT who started Jan 3rd. His first 2 weeks were HELL. It took him forever to get comfortable and stop whining all day everyday.
This week has started and its like he is a different kid. Smiling, playing, hes a sweetheart now!
But during that transition time, my oh my, I felt like terming right then and there. It makes your day CRAP and I found all the kids would be ticking me off just due to the constant whining in the background.
You can do it. It take a strong woman to work through that and still like the kid at the end of the day.
Good luck to you, I hope she comes around for you real soon!!

ps time for tea??!! Break out the whiskey during naptime!! LOL

mamaof4
01-19-2012, 12:57 PM
that would be stressful! Hope naptime helps everyone reset!

Skysue
01-19-2012, 01:00 PM
No tea :( My one 2 year old got put of her pen 3 times and made it cray for all! I'm going to try for tea now! LOL

playfelt
01-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Hope you finally got the cup of tea. That can help so much. At least tomorrow is Friday. Just think about the weekend - but don't think about having to start transition all over again on Monday after a weekend at home - save that for Sunday night after you have enjoyed your weekend. Transitioning a new child is so not fun. Sometimes thinking of the paycheck that goes with them helps, lol, - it could be these tears or it could be a vacant space......then use the first couple paychecks to treat yourself to something special and pizza for supper.

Momof4
01-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Oh I have a 13 month old girl who has been here a couple months and she has severe attachment to Mama issues. I asked her Mom to send in a little picture book so we could have show and tell about her family and pets and as soon as we got to the picture of her Mom she started crying Mama, Mama, just like your little girl. Poor sweeties. Aren't we the meanies to take them away from their Mamas???

mom-in-alberta
01-20-2012, 03:50 AM
Sending out some sympathy... :( Transitions SUCK. I am not looking forward to it when I get things rolling around here again.
PS> I hope it was a "blueberry" tea. Hold the tea, LoL. :p

Skysue
01-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Finally got my tea but it went cold as everyone woke up grumpy :( LOL Then I eneded up rushing my little bumpster to emerge as she need 4 stiches in her chin. Day from double h hockey sticks!

TGIF

Cadillac
01-27-2012, 10:25 PM
OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOO. Sending 'strongness' vibes

mlc1982
01-27-2012, 11:39 PM
Aw, hang in there. It's got to get better, right?!