PDA

View Full Version : Sickness policy with siblings

Emily3
01-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi! Just wondering how others would deal with this situation. One child stays away from daycare due to sudden onset diarrhea and vomiting but sibling is brought to daycare. The sibling has no symptoms but do you worry that they have the 'bug' too or do you accept them into care???? Thanks for any opinions!

Crayola kiddies
01-20-2012, 11:24 AM
My contract states ****attention to parents of siblings both attending care : if one child is absent due to illness, you must keep the other child at home as well*****
I also have a stipulation for schoolage children attending care stating that if the child is too sick to attend school then the child is too sick to attend daycare

Good luck ; )

little rascals
01-20-2012, 02:10 PM
I havent run into that situation yet as i just opened not to long ago but I would rather both stay home just in case.

Momof4
01-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Oh, I wish we could have wonderful clauses in our contracts like: if parents have the flu then assume the child will get it or If child spends weekend with sick grandparents they cannot attend daycare on Monday. But we cannot!

I would have accepted the sibling into care unfortunately if she did not have any of the symptoms. How did it go? Did she get sick?

Emily3
01-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh, I wish we could have wonderful clauses in our contracts like: if parents have the flu then assume the child will get it or If child spends weekend with sick grandparents they cannot attend daycare on Monday. But we cannot!

I would have accepted the sibling into care unfortunately if she did not have any of the symptoms. How did it go? Did she get sick?

Hi momof4, I didn't even think about it until I had already let them in this morning! So far so good....no one had any symptoms today!

mom-in-alberta
01-21-2012, 01:30 AM
In all honesty, I would probably let them attend IF they were showing no symptoms AT ALL.
It is possible for one child to get sick and not the other, although not likely, I admit.
I'd probably be cranky about it though. After all, who is the sick child staying home with? If it's mom or dad, why can the other child not be there, too?