PDA

View Full Version : I'm furious!!!

Cocoon
01-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Today I was looking at kijiji and found that one lady copied exactly! my ad. and just changed the name and how many kids she wants to look after. The rest is exactly the same. I'm so angry at her. I have reported the ad. to kijiji and send her an email that that is very unprofessional of her and let her know that I reported her.

Why can't they be honest and spend few minutes to write their own? I wouldn't mind if she take my ad. as an example but copying whole ad. and just changing the name...? So unfair!

Cocoon

Play and Learn
01-25-2012, 11:32 AM
what's the link? I'll report it too! Dumbasses like that should not be in business.

Spixie33
01-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Ugh I know how you feel.
Last year I took a daycare course with another provider and she was planning on opening a daycare some time in the future.
Sure enough a few months after her ad came up on certain sites and she had copied entire sentences of my ad.
It was pretty upsetting even though she didn't copy the whole thing but it was similar and there were at least 4=5 sentences exactly the same.
Even worse...I see her at playgroups we both go to and it is a struggle to see her and not say something at times.

I know how you feel. Your case sounds much worse. good luck. Hopefully now she will change it once she sees your message

Sandbox Sally
01-25-2012, 11:59 AM
This happened to me too last year. She didn't copy my ad verbatim, but EVERYTHING was there, including things that I said that set me apart from other daycares. It was to the letter. Instead of getting angry, I emailed her and said that it looked like we had similar philosophies and maybe we should get together some time. She responded, and it was all very nicey nice. We see each other regularly at drop in now, and although I have never called her on it, she knows that I know, and that's enough for me. :D

Oh, and I am always full, and she is always looking for new kids. I send her my cast offs. LOL

dodge__driver11
01-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Alphagetti you always but such a smirk in my face (like the kid that said naner naner naner in school) Cocoon...as for your post I see "copies of my ads" all over kijiji. I focused on the fact that we are a family daycare with two parents, the fact that I have a handbook and things of that nature--now I see dayhomes in my area starting websites and getting volunteers to help out with outings and crafts like me....

It bugs me too, but in the end you have to choose your battles..... But in this case I would not take it laying down

Cocoon
01-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Thank you all. What annoys me is she basicaly copy and paste the whole ad!!! Here is the link Play and Learn

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-child-care-Day-Home-Provider-W0QQAdIdZ349063334

Play and Learn
01-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Cocoon, maybe she took the hint, as the ad is no longer available!

dodge__driver11
01-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Yes I tried to check it out and got the same

Momof4
01-25-2012, 03:41 PM
That's so lazy and downright rude! I wonder if she has a website that she has stolen from other people too.

Skysue
01-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Maybe she's on this site! LOL

Take it as a big compiment at the end of the day due to the fact that your ad is great! At least copy an ad from another province! LOL

Cocoon
01-25-2012, 05:41 PM
She responded my email saying "Sorry about that, i didn't know that, my collegue did this, she used my account. I really apologize for that. i deleted that ad from kijiji. Once again Iam really sorry. "

I do not believe even a second that she has a colleague and she did copy my ad. but not her. Of course, how can she justify? Skysue, my husband said the same thing. My ad. is so great that people are copying and I should take it as a compliment.:) I can see what he is saying but I would feel better if she didn't copy all of it but use it as an example.

I don't know whether she removed the ad. or kijiji did but it is not there anymore.

KingstonMom
01-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah I agree, that sounds like a load of crap.
i would be pissed too!! Better keep an eye on that one! ;)

Cocoon
01-26-2012, 10:43 AM
This is her new ad. http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-child-care-Home-Daycare-Provider-W0QQAdIdZ349354590

She again used my complete sentence but at least not the whole ad! She is a dishonest person. On her email she says her colleague did this. At least have the courage to admit that you did it and it was wrong and especially after saying sorry don't do it again! But today she has done it again. She took complete sentence and used it and took another sentence from another ad. and used on her ad. and made an ad. for herself!

Play and Learn
01-26-2012, 11:35 AM
This is her new ad. http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-child-care-Home-Daycare-Provider-W0QQAdIdZ349354590

She again used my complete sentence but at least not the whole ad! She is a dishonest person. On her email she says her colleague did this. At least have the courage to admit that you did it and it was wrong and especially after saying sorry don't do it again! But today she has done it again. She took complete sentence and used it and took another sentence from another ad. and used on her ad. and made an ad. for herself!
Just reported the ad to kijiji.ca I wish people would use proper grammar, and punctuation!!!

jec
01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
I had something similar happen where I posted my web site on a fb page that I joined moving into my new town to get the word out. I felt OK to post on it as there was another provider posting an add. I had checked out her add and saw her pics....funny thing is next ad she posted her playroom looked just like mine and she had changed her wording very similar to mine and using some sentences from me as well. I just deleted my add and got off the fb page. Shame...I don't have a problem sharing ideas...but to just take them is crappy.

Good on you for reporting it!

dodge__driver11
01-26-2012, 01:03 PM
how do you report ads?

jec
01-26-2012, 02:02 PM
OK...not related ( sorry to hijack your thread :laugh:) how do I start a new topic. I need some advise from you all and having a brunette moment right now!!

Crayola kiddies
01-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Jec. Go to the topic you want to post your thread in such as "caring for children" then at the top it says "post new thread" click on it and there ya go type away !!!!!

mom-in-alberta
01-27-2012, 01:14 AM
"having a brunette moment right now!!"

As a blonde... I appreciate this... lol. :woot:

PS> That ad is gone again!! Hahahaha. We're shutting her down. (Not literally of course, I am not that vindictive. But have some originality!!)