PDA

View Full Version : Pintrest?

mom-in-alberta
01-28-2012, 03:29 AM
Hey all... I know a couple of you have mentioned Pintrest. It has become my new addiction, hahahaha. No, seriously.
Can anyone send me an "invite"? I have been waiting for a few days to be "approved". Kind of making me feel like I'm in junior high school again, and I am not cool enough to hang out with the popular crowd. LoL
My email is l_a_mclean@yahoo.ca.
And I don't know if you need any more info?
Thanks in advance!!!

mamaof4
01-28-2012, 08:50 AM
done! happy pinning

lilac
01-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Im addicted to it too! Lots of fantastic ideas there! I put a request in and got accepted after 4 or 5 days...

mom-in-alberta
01-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks mamaof4!!!!!!! I am sure the invite would have come eventually, but I am too impatient, lol.... :woot:

gcj
01-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Pintest??? What am I missing out on?

mlc1982
01-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Yes, what am I missing out on as well. I've heard of it a few times but don't even now exactly what it is.

mom-in-alberta
01-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Put the children to bed, grab a large cup of tea, and click this link. You will not be sorry, I promise.

http://pinterest.com/

Hahaha.... all joking aside, it's a really cool site that is like an online bulletin board. People post recipes, craft ideas, health and beauty stuff, etc. You ask to join, then once you get the invite (someone who is already a member can invite you), you create your own boards with the stuff you find interesting. And you can pin up new ideas that you find, too.
It's a big time waster, like Facebook, but I have found some really great home decor and storage ideas and tons of delicious recipes to try.

playfelt
01-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Our childcare association started their own board of ideas and that is usually my starting point and then I click on a link which takes me to the person's blog and then from there I find links to other cool stuff and then all of a sudden naptime is over and tomorrow we start with another link. I have been going to join but I get so busy looking at the stuff already posted.

Dreamalittledream
02-01-2012, 12:19 PM
I agree! Love love Pinterest! I have gotten such great cheap, easy and fun activity ideas from there...great recipes...could keep going;) If anyone needs an invite message me:)

Mamma_Mia
02-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Hey all... I know a couple of you have mentioned Pintrest. It has become my new addiction, hahahaha. No, seriously.
Can anyone send me an "invite"? I have been waiting for a few days to be "approved". Kind of making me feel like I'm in junior high school again, and I am not cool enough to hang out with the popular crowd. LoL
My email is l_a_mclean@yahoo.ca.
And I don't know if you need any more info?
Thanks in advance!!!

I added you too! :)

Inspired by Reggio
02-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Oh I am another Pinterest addict ... I am a visual learner and while I had 1000 of websites and blogs bookmarked the 'old fashion way' I would often forget WHY I had bookmarked it and well the little written description often did not help either in sparking the motivation or creative side of me - but with Pinterest the PHOTOS are what helps me to get motivated to try a new creative project or science thing with the crew - also love cause I can allow them to look through on a rainy day and pick something to do too.