PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some new ideas!

jec
01-30-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm wondering if you ladies have some sites/ideas that you would want to share for little ones around 14 months to do for Valentines' Day.
I have the same ideas from last year but...wondering if anyone might have something new for us to do :)

Today my little ones colored their valentine cards I printed from of DTLK and they used the glue stick to put glue onto the card and then grab some decorations....with a little help from me, stuck them on.

Bookworm
01-30-2012, 11:33 AM
For Valentines Day I am going to paint one hand of the kids and put their hand print on a doily and then glue it to a card that says "a handful of love". All my dcks are too young to do crafts (2 eleven month olds, and 2 newly turned 12 month olds), but my daughter is 2 1/2 so if I'm doing one with her for Valentine's Day, then I may as well do something for the parents. Plus, it is a quick craft. My son's birthday is on Valentine's Day and he will be a year old... so my daughter will probably want to make him a special birthday card too. :)

playfelt
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
For the really little ones I use the peel and stick felt or foam. Got a package of precut foam hearts and then cut out some smaller hearts from felt and foam and you can buy some already cut sometimes too. Then they sit with their heart and I sit and peel and hand it to them. Fun watching them get it from one hand to the other, off their fingers etc but it eventually gets to the foam heart. It is a way of teaching them to use stickers without the hassles of the glue drying out, licking all the glue off etc. Then tape on a string so it can hang.

clep
01-30-2012, 02:19 PM
I use everythingpreschool. com often. I also just do a google search to find things and first and foremost I use Pinterest. Well I use Pinterest for everything.

jec
01-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks ladies! I love the internet and there are tons of ideas out there for cute ideas. I want to find things that the kids can do themselves @ 14 months - really hand made! I love the idea of the heart foam- you can get them from the dollar store!

mom-in-alberta
01-31-2012, 01:31 AM
I also LOVE sticky foam!! The really little kids can make use (and it is hilarious to watch them when it sticks on their hand, etc), but the bigger kids don't feel like they are being babied either. You can get them in just about any holiday theme, or just as a sheet, from which you can cut out your own shapes.