PDA

View Full Version : How to give a stronger hint??

Mamma_Mia
01-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Hello all!

My question today is re: taking shoes off or staying on the large 5x6 mat infront of the door! I live in Whitby, ON and it's winter people....snow and rain...lots of it. :rolleyes: DC.mom arrives in the morning and I have a 'shoe tray' next to the large mat, I ask dc.child each morning "***** please take off your boots and put them in the tray, no boots in the house remember(smile smile)" while her MOTHER is standing on my floors leaving behind muddy puddles. Like really?? :cursing:

How else can I make it for the 'adult' to clue in and get off my floors!?

Thanks in advance :)

dodge__driver11
01-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Personally my families are not allowed passed my front door, I take the kids after that. Either that or Id send out a "blanket reminder" as not to pin point her, but I am sure she's know.... :P or Id wouldn't allow her past the door

playfelt
01-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Put one of those rag mops by the door and as soon as she leaves a puddle grab it and mop up, lol. Hint hint....

Can you shift the mat any so that more of it is where she needs to be, put the boot tray off it to make sure there is maximum standing room or even get a bigger mat so that there is no floor space.

I now have the smaller mat again but at one point we got indoor/outdoor carpeting by the metre and covered the entire front entrance - ceramic floor area cause I was tired of the cleaning around the mat. I had two two kids families so that meant 3 at drop off and pick up so lots of bodies.

Momof4
01-31-2012, 07:14 PM
How rude! Give the woman the mop and get her to clean up her own mess!

Can you get a bigger mat? I have a runner in my entrance hallway and my clients know that they are not to go further than that mat because if they do I'm scolding them. I'm not afraid to ask people to be respectful and polite, but thankfully my current daycare families are all awesome. Nobody should be so rude to you anyway.

mom-in-alberta
02-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Post a large note at the front door, in plain vision PLEASE TAKE BOOTS OFF, OR STAY ON MAT. Or, send out notice to all parents reminding them.
How inconsiderate.
I suppose if you feel like she isn't taking the hint, you could say it straight out "Oh, could I get you to stay on the mat, I just mopped the floor area." Some parents need to be directed simply and clearly.... much like their children. LoL

Mamma_Mia
02-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks ladies....lets see how it goes tomorrow! lol

Skysue
02-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Hello all!

My question today is re: taking shoes off or staying on the large 5x6 mat infront of the door! I live in Whitby, ON and it's winter people....snow and rain...lots of it. :rolleyes: DC.mom arrives in the morning and I have a 'shoe tray' next to the large mat, I ask dc.child each morning "***** please take off your boots and put them in the tray, no boots in the house remember(smile smile)" while her MOTHER is standing on my floors leaving behind muddy puddles. Like really?? :cursing:

How else can I make it for the 'adult' to clue in and get off my floors!?

Thanks in advance :)

The only way to get to the point is to say something. It's a safety hazard as the kids can slip and due to babies putting stuff in there mouth its just nasty. I have a boot rack in my closet and I ask the kids to put there boots in on arrival. Another way to get to the point is to say just as your opening the door is please be careful as i just washed the floors. Works everytime for me!

Momof4
02-02-2012, 08:35 AM
When you go to your doctor's office is there a note on the door asking for soiled footwear to be left on the mat? Just one example, but a doctor provides a valuable service and so do we! Never undervalue yourself and demand respect from your clients.

Play and Learn
02-02-2012, 08:46 AM
I have it in my manual that you as parents have to respect me and my home. One of the rules is this:
No shoes in the house (beyond the mat at the front door). I have to send out a reminder at the beginning of each season to remind parents of my house rules.

Let me tell you, they respect me, because they know that that's a strike, and 3 strikes you receive a termination letter.

Cocoon
02-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Just tell them. I had to remind one of my dck's parent as he was stepping on my carpet! My carpet!:) I don't mind cleaning the floor which i do every day after they leave anyway but carpet it is not easy to clean the carpet and we do sit and play on it. So I told him "please don't step on the carpet as we sit and play there too. You can stay on the floor if you don't want to remove your shoes" he was apologetic and didn't do it again. I always believe if you don't tell others what/how you feel they wouldn't know.Just tell them simple. :)

Cocoon

jec
02-02-2012, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=mom-in-alberta;8822]Post a large note at the front door, in plain vision PLEASE TAKE BOOTS OFF, OR STAY ON MAT. Or, send out notice to all parents reminding them.

I like this idea!! If this doesn't work then hand her a mop and pail like Momof4 says :laugh: