PDA

View Full Version : I'm not ready in the morning?

Cadillac
02-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Yesterday I had a parent speak with me about being ready in the morning. This woman was so anxious about this issue that I felt sorry for her. But, let me start from the beginning:

From about a month before Christmas to a month afterwards my year and a half year old wasn't sleeping. Every night this child was up from 12am to around 4am. By the end I was so exhausted that this lady woke me up with the doorbell on two separate occasions. Regardless of her waking me up I was still at the door by the second ring in less than 30 second. Anyways, All of my parents were aware of the issue and I talked to this client personally at the end of that week to apologize and let her know that I won't let that week happen again. to date, it hasn't.

Unfortunately I think she was unable to let it go and her anxiety began to build as yesterday she brought up her issue of me being ready in the morning. I wasn't really sure what she was talking about, because I am up and ready. She said that I don't look awake and that if my morning routine isn't done then I'm not ready and she truly believed that she was waking me up with the doorbell at least a few times a week. Then I began to clue into the fact that I had changed my shirt since the morning so I asked her if this is what she meant. She said that it was part of it and I explained that I had to change and I spilled pickle juice on myself but assured her that the rest of my clothing was indeed still the same. The rest I realized was that I just didn't look awake enough for her. Unfortunately I'm one of those people that look like a disaster in the morning no matter what make-up I put on, how I dress, or any water that is splashed on my face.

I was really taken back and a little insulted by this complaint as she has no issue with my programming or the way I treat the children or anything else to do with my actual business.

Does this seem a bit petty to anyone? Or should I be making some drastic changes to look presentable to her standards?

playfelt
02-14-2012, 08:04 AM
My first kids come at 6:30 and while I am up I am by no means "ready" for the day. I am dressed, hair is combed and I dont' wear make up anyways so I guess that is about as ready as I get. After they come I eat my breakfast, read the newspaper, make a pot of tea, etc.

Sometimes the best thing to do with issues like this is nothing. If the parent was truly upset she would be saying more, questioning more, etc. If she says anything then just passing it off as well some of us are morning people and some of us are late night people and some of us are neither but how I look does not effect how I care for the children and the kids dont' care if I am wearing makeup or got my hair in a ponytail or not and really confused why it matters to you. Then change the subject.

Cadillac
02-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Just to add: she also mentioned to me that she has spoken with several friends who told her to take her child out of my care as soon as possible. Is looking tired such a crime?

momplus6
02-14-2012, 08:33 AM
I have to say I am glad my parents aren't soo anal. Today the family walked in the door just as I walked to the door from the shower. I was dressed but had a towel on my head. I have also slept in and been woken by the door. I am in no way ready for the day when my first kids arrive I sit in the living room drinking coffee the kids watch cartoons I also prepare my son's lunch for school and get my daughter dressed. I don't see what the big deal is, I think you should start looking for a new family personally as she sounds stressed over nothing

sunnydays
02-14-2012, 08:43 AM
While I agree that she is being a bit picky...being tired looking is not a crime...I also can see it from the parents' point of view. I have a friend who has had to wake her daycare provider several times with ringing her doorbell in the morning and it was annoying to her as the daycare provider had agreed on the hours. I think the concern from the parents point of view would be that if you are not ready for the day then who is watching the kids while you get ready? Probably, after having woken you the two times, she has been looking for signs that it is still happening. Also, she may be concerned that you are too tired to care for the kids properly. I totally get where you are coming from, as my daughter was still waking several times in the night when I started doing daycare and I had to pretend to be perky in the morning ;) I guess, as a parent who has had her children in daycare, I just often see things from the parents' perspective as well. I think as long as you are dressed, hair brushed, etc, that is all you can do and eventually she will have to believe that she did not wake you. Maybe a cup of coffee or tea before she arrives?

Naftafia
02-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Wow, what a shame that she is getting caught up on a small detail like that. I have been woken up by the doorbell twice too and my parents simply laughed at my voice and hair! In addition my kids are often not up when my first d/c kids arrive so I do take a couple of minutes to get them dressed and ready... no one minds! She has to realize that she is in a home daycare, if she has such clear expectations her child might be better off in a center.
As for looking tired it does not affect your ability to care for the kids and they for sure don't mind or even notice ;)

Play and Learn
02-14-2012, 09:11 AM
I tell my parents that I am in no way a morning person. Sometimes I wake up 5-10 minutes prior to opening for the day. They are well aware of this when signing on.

I think this woman is being very petty. If she doesn't like it, in my mind she can leave! Like playfelt, I barely EVER wear makeup, so I just wash my face, throw on my 'daycare' clothes (comfy wear), and open the door.

Cadillac
02-14-2012, 09:19 AM
I see it from the parents perspective too. That is why I explained several times that I knew I shouldn't have slept in but with my child being up so often I was sleeping through all the alarms set. She said it was fine, she understood, no harm done. But clearly there was.
Some days I wear make-up, some days I wear sweats, some days I do my hair, some days I wear a really nice outfit, some days I don't feel like trying. I really think its my prerogative but it must be throwing her off.

too bad I guess.

Bookworm
02-14-2012, 09:42 AM
I am soo not a morning person either. I am dressed by the time my first kids arrive, but I am almost always wearing sweats with my hair in a pony and I never wear makeup. That is pretty much my everyday attire, daycare or not (why dress up if I'm always at home?). One or both of my kids has either just woken up (or is still sleeping) and is still in their pjs, but my parents don't mind.
I think it is a given that a parent will be tired in the morning, especially with young kids.
Next time she says something I would just outright ask her what her issue is, and just tell her that if she doesn't trust you to look after her child, then maybe she needs to find alternate care.
I

jec
02-14-2012, 10:51 AM
I don't wear make up either..and I am one of those who look very different without it. I wear yoga clothes ~nothing like I did when I worked in an office!! I've had a parent ask me if everything was OK..I laughed it off telling her that I must need a little lip gloss!

I always try to put the shoe on the other foot. You being tired is not her issue and please don't take that the wrong way...it's just how she might see it. She is paying you and might have concerns that you are too tired. I won't wait until next time she says something, I would address it now. Joking saying maybe a little lip gloss wouldn't hurt but your daycare kids don't mind if you don't they just want you to be having fun with them. You want to reassure her that her little one is priority and that you've mentioned that your tired but in way no not able to do what she hired you for and that this is the impression that you got. I like to have an open communication with my daycare families. Yes this is my business but without them, I wouldn't have one. Now if she is being rude about it, that is different and you shouldn't have to put up with that.

Cadillac
02-14-2012, 11:16 AM
I addressed it right away and then sent a follow up email to about an hour afterwards her saying that if in a week or so she was still very anxious then she should look for a place where she feels more comfortable leaving her little one. In the end I want my clients to feel comfortable dropping off their child in the morning. I'd rather her be comfy somewhere else than anxious with me.

She said she was satisfied although I feel like the relationship has changed overnight.

I have great relationships with my parents. This is the first problem I've ever had and just found it so odd I needed second, third and, fourth opinions.

jec
02-14-2012, 11:33 AM
I've just experienced my first negative experience with a daycare family and it's tough as you are inviting these people into your home and how dare they say certain things and then on the other foot ~ you don't want to do anything to ruin your reputation as word of mouth spreads fast.
Funny that you mentioned giving it a week and then revisiting if your daycare is the right place. I gave the family above that I'm talking about an option for a problem we were having a problem with. Told them that if in 2 weeks it didn't work for them- their choice if they want to end care I would consider that their 2 weeks notice and or if they decided to continue then I would love to have their little one in my care. My intention was to give them an out and had a few other providers review what I wrote. They took it REALLY bad and got down right nasty. They felt it was my way or the highway. Now these parents were beyond reason so although I had tried many other things, I knew that I wasn't going to make them happy. I only mention this ( as I carry on with my story) is as you said the relationship has changed and maybe they took what you said as a negative?? Good luck- it makes things uncomfortable for you when it is your home
I'm the same...getting that second, third option help to put things into perspective.

Dreamalittledream
02-14-2012, 11:35 AM
This one ticked me off. What about all the times we are sick and forge ahead with our day not thinking twice about calling it a sick day and leaving the parents in a bind. Sorry, but on those days I'm not at my perkiest;). I was once met at the door by the daughter of my old caregiver at 6:45am drop off...to have her say that her mom had a migraine and that the daycare was closed. No notice, whatsoever. But I expressed my frustration calmly to her the next day, she told me her side and it was done. I had no other issues with that provider, she was wonderful. Also, in the 2 seconds it would take you to get dressed while she is in your care...we just have to make those judgement calls throughout the day to safely leave them doing an activity and run for a bathroom break, for example. Ok, vented now;)

jodaycare
02-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Wow, I can't believe this woman is getting riled up over something so silly. I have been woken up many times by the doorbell and the parents are totally fine with it and they would never consider it a sign of my ability to care for their child. I hope things work out for you if you want to keep this family but I am not sure I would want to continue the relationship.

Spixie33
02-14-2012, 01:08 PM
I feel like a walking dead person on Monday mornings. Sleeping until 8 on sat/Sun and then waking up at 6:15 again on Mondays makes me like a zombie.
I do always try to get my makeup on, comb hair, dress and unload the dishwasher before the first child comes but I have gone to the door with my shirt on backwards or touching my hair and asking the mom whether I had combed it because I couldn't recall. lol

I try to sound more awake than I am somedays. Thankfully the doorbell thing has never happened to me before . That is one of my phobias. I am up 45 min before anyone comes and try to give my kids breakfast. after my alarm...my husband gets up 30 min later so I guess that would be my fallback if needed.

I think you should reassure the mom about this one more time and bring it up.
And what in the world is she telling people about you ? Sounds like she is getting them to weigh in on your morning appearance?? what is that about?

Mamma_Mia
02-14-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm like Play&Learn....I'm up 10-15min before first dck is to arrive...I'm either in sweats or if I'm in a ok mood jeans & top....no makeup 95% of the time. Come down, start my coffee, lay on the couch, pour my cup and ding-dong. While dck is having their breakfast I'm having my coffee....at about 8-8:30 my own daughter starts to wake up.

On days we're going to playgroup that's where they'll catch me dressed up, makeup, hair done and coffee the thermal cup ready to go! LOL ((gotta impress those other ladies, ya'know?)) LOL

Looking tired isn't a crime....its human and YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN HOME!
p.s. we probably look better in our blah clothes than 1/2 the center employees, I can speak of the 6 I know of at least!! :P

Mamma_Mia
02-14-2012, 01:18 PM
we just have to make those judgement calls throughout the day to safely leave them doing an activity and run for a bathroom break, for example. Ok, vented now;)

Great Point! Do they not think we take mini-breaks?? Go to the bathroom? Run a load of laundry while the kids are sleeping? I mean seriously!

playfelt
02-14-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm here for the kids not the parents. The kids don't care if my top and pants clash or not or even if it is on backwards as long as they get their snack and favourite story read. I mean really - this is our home and we can wear what we want when we want and comb our hair only if we want etc. We get so few perks in this business we gotta take them where we can.

Maybe just a polite sorry mamm I don't work for you - your company dress code doesn't apply here. We wear play clothes.

Judy Trickett
02-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Okay, I am obviously the odd man out here. I get up an hour before the kids get here. I shower, have some coffee, check emails and all that before my first kid arrives.

I might get slammed here but I think it's really unfair of us to constantly complain that the dcparents do not treat us like professionals or view us as running a business when we are not professionally and properly presenting ourselves every morning. And, yes, that means having been up, dressed and ready for the day.

There is thread after thread about dcparents and double standards. Well, we have to not be setting a double standard either; we either want to be professional business women or we don't.;)

dodge__driver11
02-14-2012, 04:16 PM
No judy you are not the odd man out out here, I am up @ 6 and open @ 7:15, I brush my teeth, shower, chceck mail, and have my Tassimo, then ding dong...when the dck arrives @ 7:30 I am dressed and ready to role.

Skysue
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Yesterday I had a parent speak with me about being ready in the morning. This woman was so anxious about this issue that I felt sorry for her. But, let me start from the beginning:

From about a month before Christmas to a month afterwards my year and a half year old wasn't sleeping. Every night this child was up from 12am to around 4am. By the end I was so exhausted that this lady woke me up with the doorbell on two separate occasions. Regardless of her waking me up I was still at the door by the second ring in less than 30 second. Anyways, All of my parents were aware of the issue and I talked to this client personally at the end of that week to apologize and let her know that I won't let that week happen again. to date, it hasn't.

Unfortunately I think she was unable to let it go and her anxiety began to build as yesterday she brought up her issue of me being ready in the morning. I wasn't really sure what she was talking about, because I am up and ready. She said that I don't look awake and that if my morning routine isn't done then I'm not ready and she truly believed that she was waking me up with the doorbell at least a few times a week. Then I began to clue into the fact that I had changed my shirt since the morning so I asked her if this is what she meant. She said that it was part of it and I explained that I had to change and I spilled pickle juice on myself but assured her that the rest of my clothing was indeed still the same. The rest I realized was that I just didn't look awake enough for her. Unfortunately I'm one of those people that look like a disaster in the morning no matter what make-up I put on, how I dress, or any water that is splashed on my face.

I was really taken back and a little insulted by this complaint as she has no issue with my programming or the way I treat the children or anything else to do with my actual business.

Does this seem a bit petty to anyone? Or should I be making some drastic changes to look presentable to her standards?

Petty isn't the word I'm sorry down right rude is the word I'm looking for. Ummmmmm I answer the door at 6:30am in my P.J's and the only thing brushed is my teeth. I like to have a cup of coffee before I get dressed and that is my busniess. WHTFudge! My 1st child is gos back to sleep until 8am, for my next arrival at 7:15 am I'm usually dressed but if I'm not it's never ever been an issue!

She should really loosen up and be more understanding of why you slept in! :(

Skysue
02-14-2012, 04:58 PM
I see it from the parents perspective too. That is why I explained several times that I knew I shouldn't have slept in but with my child being up so often I was sleeping through all the alarms set. She said it was fine, she understood, no harm done. But clearly there was.
Some days I wear make-up, some days I wear sweats, some days I do my hair, some days I wear a really nice outfit, some days I don't feel like trying. I really think its my prerogative but it must be throwing her off.

too bad I guess.

Tomorrow morning you should answer the door in your best business attire with your hair perfect and make up perfect LOL it would seriously freek her out!

dodge__driver11
02-14-2012, 05:06 PM
LOL@ Sue
:))

Skysue
02-14-2012, 05:08 PM
I suppose I'm super lucky as my early Mom used to run a daycare herself and she told me it's ok to be in my P.J's! LOL It really as allowed me to be relaxed more in the morning! Judy you and my hubby are the same he hates it when I answer the door in my P.J's! He says if you are running a business parents will respect you more if you are always presentable!

But in defence is it really a reason for terminating care? FunFlexCare how old is her little one?

Judy what time does your first child come at in the morning? If you say 6am good for you!

playfelt
02-14-2012, 06:39 PM
My first family arrives just before 6:30 and I get up at 6:15 - dressed, hair done and downstairs, lights on etc. but not much more. They (two siblings) come in and watch tv till the next child arrives just after 7. I take that half hour to check emails, eat breakfast, empty dishwasher and set up kitchen for the rest of the day, read the newspaper etc. Am I much perkier for the 7 am child - of course.

KingstonMom
02-14-2012, 09:34 PM
I think I am the middle of both worlds here. I thought I agreed with everyone until I read Judys post.

I wake up only 30 mins before first kid arrives, I dress, (yoga pants and fitted T), hair brushed and put in pony, teeth brushed, face washed (just a bit of mascara of course) get coffee, tidy up the entranceway and playroom, unload dishwasher etc and then they arrive. I get 3 at 7:30am.

I also have a 3 month old and a 21 month old so I am not getting the most sleep at night either. I started back to work after only being off 2 weeks and some days I was running on sparodic sleep intervals. I was always up, perky, and awake even though only just having 30 mins in the morning to 'wake up'. I think I am becoming a morning person!

I would be absolutely mortified if I had to wake up to the doorbell and answer the door in my pjs (or lack thereof somenights!!) I have 2 alarms set everyday to make sure this doesnt happen.

So in short, although I dont have a full breakfast (I eat with the kids at 8am), I dont get a chance to sit to watch a full morning news show, and I dont shower every morning (I shower after my kids get their baths in the evening). But I am very presentable and ready to work (or play).
I would like to think that the parents find me wide eyed and chipper in the morning. I am sure none of them have ever thought twice about me being 'groggy'.

If we want respect as a business woman, then we'd best show that we are treating it like a business as well.

Thsi lady sounds like a whackjob anyways, talking about you to her friends!? wtf!!! If this is the way you roll, tell her that if shes not comfortable, then go elsewhere! PJs or not, YOU are the boss!! :)

mom-in-alberta
02-15-2012, 03:16 AM
Jeez I am really of two minds here.... :unsure:
On the one hand; I don't get up super early to get myself totally made up for the day. I open at 7:30 and I am usually up at about 7:00. I HATE mornings and would be much happier if the day started at around 10am, lol. I tend to get into comfy pants and top and brush my hair and teeth. That's about it, haha. Thank goodness, I have never been woken by the doorbell. Only once or twice, when I had a newborn, did I open the door in pajamas. I warned all the parents before she arrived, that this was a possibility! I don't usually get "dressed" for dayhome days. I am going to end up messy, and drooled/smeared on anyway. I usually get a little more ready to go out in the evening if I need to, or if I know I will be leaving as soon as the last kid is gone, I will use naptime to get showered and changed.
On the other hand; as a parent, if I felt like my provider was rolling out of bed to answer the door (I am not saying that's what you are doing!! Just that she feels that way) I would probably not love that. I know it only takes a few minutes to get dressed, but that wouldn't be my concern. I would be concerned that maybe my provider wasn't really "up" yet, mentally. Although if that was the only worry, it would not be a deal breaker!!
So I guess if it was me, I would just do a self evaluation; could I use some work being a little more alert in the morning? Would 10 extra minutes of "me" time before the doors open be helpful?
Of course, she could be just a crazy lady... hahaha. And I think you did the right thing in saying "hey, if you aren't comfortable, this doesn't work!". Time will tell what she is really concerned about, if more issues arise!

PS: Ginger, did you hear about the Tassimo recall??? Nooooooo!!! Now I have to get coffee elsewhere, lest my Tassimo disc explode and burn me!!
:eek: At least until I get the repair part.

dodge__driver11
02-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Yes I did, mom in AB however mine is fine so I havent taken it back best thing ever:)

Cadillac
02-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Okay, I am obviously the odd man out here. I get up an hour before the kids get here. I shower, have some coffee, check emails and all that before my first kid arrives.

I might get slammed here but I think it's really unfair of us to constantly complain that the dcparents do not treat us like professionals or view us as running a business when we are not professionally and properly presenting ourselves every morning. And, yes, that means having been up, dressed and ready for the day.

There is thread after thread about dcparents and double standards. Well, we have to not be setting a double standard either; we either want to be professional business women or we don't.;)

I agree with you. We have to be ready. I would expect my provider to have clothes on and hair brushed and be ready to start. My issue is that I am ready. Her issue is that she thinks I look sleepy still and thinks that she is waking me up when I've been up for an hour already.

What I think the others are trying to get across in their rants is that the two year olds don't care if I have make-up on or if I'm wearing jeans or sweats, they just want to be loved and played with and taught.

Cadillac
02-15-2012, 06:46 AM
Tomorrow morning you should answer the door in your best business attire with your hair perfect and make up perfect LOL it would seriously freek her out!

But then I would have to do that EVERY morning. I really do think it throws her off that I dress differently everyday. I might wear an echo t shirt and baggy jeans one day, sweats the next, and one the thirds day I wear a suit jacket and decide its a make up day. But suit jacket or not, my eyes just don't lose their glaze over until my house is filled with giggling babies

Cadillac
02-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Skysue: The little one turns two in March

sunnydays
02-15-2012, 06:56 AM
I agree with Judy. I get up an hour before my first kid arrives, shower, get dressed, drink coffee, make my kids' breakfast etc. My kids are not usually ready by the time the dck's arrive..they are often in their pj's or even sleeping, but I don't think that is a problem as they are not working, I AM. I think, FlexFun, the problem is that she did wake you up twice and so now she is scrutinizing you for signs that you are not ready.

Cadillac
02-15-2012, 07:00 AM
I just want everyone to be happy all the time . . . . . sigh

Sunflower
02-15-2012, 07:12 AM
sad to see that such minor things can ruin a daycare relationship.
If this happened twice and you apologized there should no longer be an issue.
Almost everyone who works has had a morning where the alarm didn't go off....etc.
It's just worst for us because if the alarm doesn't go off we get woken up with a knock at the door lol
I think you handled it well by telling her to essentially accept your apology and move on of find care elsewhere.
I would really have a hard time with a parent like this.
Perhaps a center would suit her needs better ?

I also get up an hour before daycare opens, I am dressed, have makeup on but sometimes my hair is wet when the first child arrives... if ANYONE ever mentioned anything about that they would regret their comment.:mad:
Keep us posted !

Judy Trickett
02-15-2012, 07:21 AM
What I think the others are trying to get across in their rants is that the two year olds don't care if I have make-up on or if I'm wearing jeans or sweats, they just want to be loved and played with and taught.

I wasn't ranting. I just speak my mind and say it the way I see it. Trust me, NOT ranting.;)

Second, as much as the kids might not care the fact is that in the business of daycare it is the parents that write the cheques. EVERYTHING we do is, essentially, like it or not, about pleasing the parents. If you have unhappy parents you have NO daycare business.

Crayola kiddies
02-15-2012, 08:18 AM
I get up 30 mins before I open and I get dressed, brush my teeth, make a tea, and make my kids lunches, then I go down to the daycare and unlock the door. I have never had a comment about my appearance. I too have had one time when the power went out in the night so my alarm didn't go off but only once.

Mamma_Mia
02-15-2012, 08:41 AM
In my own opinion - I get up 10-15min before first dck arrives only because I'm not a morning person! I'm still dressed and hair done (either down or in a pony) I'm not a makeup girl....only when I'm in the mood. The house is always tidy and they're greeted with big but quiet goodmorning's since they're 1/2 asleep! LOL

I don't think it matters what time you wake up.....just be ready!
Now do I wear my "painting the house" clothes....no way! Even my sweats look good! haha but I have my downish days....but like I said even those are nice pants and a un-stained t-shirt :laugh:

Sarah A
03-01-2012, 01:01 PM
OMG this reminds me of a parent I had (keyword HAD). I am usually up at 7:10 am when my first 3 kids arrive at 7:30am. I have enough time to get dressed, brush my teeth, fix my hair, tidy the play room and entrance and turn on the tv for the morning news. One morning, I get a call at almost 6:30 am and it was one of my parents asking if they can drop off their kids in 15 mins. I was still asleep when I got the call but I told her she could drop them off at 7:00am (any earlier I would have to charge a fee). She didn't even apologize for waking me up. She just assumed that I was up for the day since she was up already. UGH!!! Then she said that she knew she had to drop off her kids earlier the evening before at 9pm but that it would be too late to call me. DUH!!! Email or text me.
There had been many issues with respecting my business for a while so I had to let that family go.

Momof4
03-01-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm guilty of getting up about 20 minutes before my first daycare child arrives and showering and washing my hair every morning - can't get going without my shower. Then hopefully I have my mascara on but no biggie and my hair is always still wet. I am also soooo not a morning person.

Flex, you don't have to pursue this matter any further because you have been honest with the parent about absolutely everything and that's all you have to do. I tell my clients I'm not a morning person and an insomniac and that is one of the reasons break time in the middle of the day is important too. You see, it can snowball even further!

Sandbox Sally
03-02-2012, 12:35 PM
I personally HAVE to have at least an hour to sit around and drink coffee, watch CP24, read the paper, play on my phone, whatever before I even get in the shower. My first dck arrives at 7:30 and I normally get up at 6.

Inspired by Reggio
03-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I personally HAVE to have at least an hour to sit around and drink coffee, watch CP24, read the paper, play on my phone, whatever before I even get in the shower. My first dck arrives at 7:30 and I normally get up at 6.

This is me as well - I am a morning person and am in bed before 10pm.

Personally I think that as long as 'communication' around this sort of thing is clear there should not be an issue if the provider is in their pajamas for those clients whose kids are arriving at 6am or what not - seriously some providers offer care 12 hours a day if they had to be up and 'ready' before 5 am in order to do that well they would NOT being doing it ... like me I am an early bird but I value that time to MYSELF I would not want kids here at 6am just because I am up anyway!

Cadillac
03-02-2012, 01:15 PM
It's funny that this post came up again . . . . . . CUUUUUUUUZ I slept in ysterday!. MY GOD! I was devastated. After the whole conversion a couple weeks ago convincing her that I HAVE BEEN AWAKE for at least 45 min before arrival every day and that the sleeping in that one time was a one shot week that had been hell for me I FREAKIN' SLEPT IN! Supposedly I got up and turned my alarm off. Hubby said that I asked what time he had to get up and then just rolled back over. I don't remember that.

Anyways when the buzzer rang I jumped up and went to the door and said quite honestly that she had caught me and I wasn't sure what had happened and really had no excuse. She laughed it off and told me not to worry because she had a hard time getting up that morning too.

PHEW!!!!!!!

I was so embarassed

Sandbox Sally
03-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Awwwww Flex! hugs! :glomp:

Momof4
03-02-2012, 03:19 PM
As Flex, you must be exhausted. Have a restful weekend.

Cadillac
03-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm really anemic . . . might have to up the iron intake. Thanks for the support guys.

Inspired by Reggio
03-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Flex - do you have a Family Dr cause sometimes when we get TOO anemic no amount of oral supplements are going to help because we can only absorb so much at one time before passing it on through digestion unabsorbed into the blood stream ... however they do have Iron shots given by injection at the Dr's which goes directly into the blood stream and by passing the digestion part which can help get you back to levels where 'oral supplements' can keep you where you need to be?

I know I have had to go this route in the past for both Vitamin B and Iron .

Cadillac
03-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah. I know I should probably be doing that. Unfortunately I lost my family doctor to a sabbatical last year (he was an idiot anyways) and I can't find a doctor that is open saturdays. I can't afford to be taking time off to go to the doctor for the blood work, follow-up, and then the shots. I also have too many families relying on my daily.

I do feel good when I take my pills regularly, but thinking back realize that I haven't taken very many in the last week.

I don't know that sleeping in that day was due to this. I really don't want to make any excuses but I'll be getting back on my regime and paying closer attention to my alarm clock in the next week