PDA

View Full Version : No Show DCC

Other Mummy
02-14-2012, 07:13 PM
When one of your Daycare kids does not show up, do you not at least expect a phone call? This is the 3rd time in 6 weeks this mum has done this. I open early for her, at 7:30am. All the rest of my clients arrive after 8:15am. She knows this. She knows I get up earlier and my family earlier to accomodate her. :no:

So after 10am I call her to hear her say that she wasn't needed at work today. I told her the last two times that she NEEDS to call if she isn't bringing her child in. Today same thing. No call from her. I did not call her. I have a good sense not to answer my doorbell at 7:30am tomorrow morning should she actually arrive.

She is a fairly new client (about 6 or 7 weeks). Her child is almost 3 but pretty much non verbal or one word answers. He cries whenever I redirect him, whenever he catch him hitting or tackling another child. I'm pretty sure this child is the Phantom Biter I have. Coincidentally happened around the same time this child arrived. I cannot see my other 4 DCC biting. This child is going thu a lot at home (parents separating, staying at grandma's). He is always angry, does not follow directions, Will NOT eat anyting I serve even the most kids friendly food. Cries at lunchtime.

It's amazing how the dynamics change around the kids for the better when this child isn't here.

I have 2 other families on a waiting list. I'm 80% sure I'm going to terminate this family. Just wanted some others opinions. Oh...and she's always a week or two Late paying me.:mad:

Play and Learn
02-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Terminate and move on. It's a 3-strike and your out in my home daycare. She would have been long gone already if she was with me!

This tells me she doesn't respect you as a business woman.

Spixie33
02-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Yikes. A complete no show/no call? That is pretty rude and disrespectful.
Considering that you have other families waiting - I would probably move on
Good luck

lunademiel
02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
That is seriously annoying. If your not quite ready to terminate (which I probably would be), then a written final warning maybe? That's only if your willing to give another chance. Does she at least pay you for these days? My contract states that if you are supposed to be here for the day, you pay. Late payments... major strike...

Good luck!

KingstonMom
02-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Just curious- does she still pay even when dck does not attend? Or is she on a pay-per-use type basis?

mom-in-alberta
02-15-2012, 03:20 AM
I would be willing to be patient with the issues with the child, given that his life is in turmoil right now.
But her lack of respect for you is intolerable. I would be stating that dismissal is immediate, or giving her whatever notice is required under your contract. Between the no contact when late, and the lack of payment... good bye!!

Sunflower
02-15-2012, 07:14 AM
I do NOT tolerate anyone disrespecting me or my business .
After all the warnings you have given her she would be gone.
Give her a final written warning and if she doesn't comply term her.

Judy Trickett
02-15-2012, 07:24 AM
I have 2 other families on a waiting list. I'm 80% sure I'm going to terminate this family. Just wanted some others opinions. Oh...and she's always a week or two Late paying me.:mad:

What are you waiting for?? ALL signs point to termination. Just do it today, effective immediately.

jec
02-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Just curious- does she still pay even when dck does not attend? Or is she on a pay-per-use type basis?
First question that came to my mind too.
Payment however being late is something I wouldn't tolerate. As for the child's behavior ~ it's probably still part of the adjustment too..the biting is something I've had to help one of my daycare kids stop doing and it's not easy to have one in your group.
Depending upon if the parent pays you on the days she is not bringing the little one would also be a determining factor for me since you have those on a waiting list. Not paying for days off wouldn't be an option for me.
Not easy position to be in

Mamma_Mia
02-15-2012, 09:03 AM
NO show - NO call - NO payment.....see ya!

I'm hanging to a bs parent only because her child is the only fulltime I have right now, if I had 2 other families waiting I would not hessitate!

Good luck :)

Other Mummy
02-15-2012, 01:35 PM
****UPDATE*****

I decided to call "said client" yesterday evening as I still had not heard from her regarding if she was bringing her son or not tomorrow (today). So she seemed somewhat annoyed that I was even asking. I reminded her that she is my only early client and my family and I go out of our way to accomodate her early arrivals. She told me "maybe Thursday". I reminded her payment was late as it was due yesterday morning. She played dumb and claimed she didnt' know. WTH!! I remind her on a weekly basis (usually Monday night) and she always (except once, her first payment) asked if she could pay me on Friday or Wednesday. Last payment was two weeks late.

So does she not said me a huge text about how I made her feel uncomfortable and if her son was becoming a hassle for me. I never, ever brought up her son. except for the eating issues which she was aware of. Basically told me in no uncertain terms that we are doing things 'her way'.

So I texted her back an even longer letter. I terminated care effective Immediately! Told her basically that she needs to respect my business otherwise I cannot continue a business relationship with her. I counter-attacked her very silly and childish remarks. She even went to threaten me with " how I run my business because random visits from people who are concerned about that can stop by due to how many children I have" Seriously!:

I wrote her back that i have 4 daycare kids including my Own two. Due the research. I'm perfectly legal to operate in Ontario. But thanks for the threat. LOL"

She backpeddled and texted back 'No threat just advice..take care" Seriously!??

Guess you meet all kinds in this field. Cannot tell you other ladies how relieved I am today. How much sunnier that day seems. A weight literally lifted off my chest and heart!!!"""

Thank you all for the great advice. I'm quite the newbie. Just started my daycare in September. Love all the good ideas and advice from you 'old timers' LOL :)

playfelt
02-15-2012, 01:41 PM
You might be a newbie but learning fast - that backbone is the hardest lesson to learn in daycare so congratulations. Hope your new clients that fill that space show a lot more respect.

Play and Learn
02-15-2012, 02:07 PM
You might be a newbie but learning fast - that backbone is the hardest lesson to learn in daycare so congratulations. Hope your new clients that fill that space show a lot more respect. Ditto.

Congrats - and it must feel nice to know that they're gone!

Mamma_Mia
02-15-2012, 02:38 PM
HAHA :Other Mummy: want to come teach me that backbone?

My "trouble" parent sends me a text 20min before arrival time saying she's coming at 9am instead - and she did 9:02 with her kid still in jammies and a 1/2 peice of toast eaten!! Seriously???