PDA

View Full Version : Would you do the same?

Mamma_Mia
02-18-2012, 11:33 PM
This has been bugging me.....obviously lol

dck was with a runny nose all day Friday green-yellow gunk, not clear. Then after about the 5th wipe it clicked that her eye was discharging gunk too. I waited until after nap to see if a good rest would help dck feel better. Woke up felling & acting normal but again gunk in eye...I wiped it clean maybe a total of 10 times in the day! Sounds like some sort of infection to me.....I'm hoping it's not the starts of pinkeye. Whatever it is isn't a good start. Dck's mom was in a rush at p/u time and I forgot to mention it to her. About 5min after they left I remembered and I called her to inform that dck is coming down with something and mostly about dck's eye.

I got a "ooookay...????" (like in the tone of "and??") then a 1000% fake "thanks, have a good weekend"...CLICK :ohmy:
umm.....go to the Dr with your kid to see if they're ok you dumb-dumb! I had them on speaker and after the call my husband said "that poor baby is sick and the mother is more concerned about getting dck to "the sperm donors**" house so she has a free weekend!"

NOW - if dck arrives on Tuesday and I notice that they're sick or red eyed, would you call parent to come back and pick them up?

I HATE this!! It's my only f/t - mom is already throwing out attitude but we NEED the $$. I don't want to push it too far that they'll leave BUT it's my rules and risking 2 other kiddies...including my own!

** <- what the mother calls dck's father...nice huh?

Other Mummy
02-19-2012, 05:25 AM
Arrrghhh...that is so frustrating. Sounds like mum wanted to get a start on her weekend plans alright LOL! I would wait until Tuesday morning. If her eye is still discharging gunk, then the poor kid has been dealing with this since Friday ??!! I would mention to the mom that you were concerned with dck on Friday and be point blank with her that and ask her if it is still a concern. IF so...I would wait until noon or so on Tuesday. If she is still sick call mum to pick the dck up. Seriously though a whole looong weekend with an eye that discharges and green gunk coming out of her childs nose? I certainly would hope mum got that taken care of and her little one is feeling better. BTW don't you love parents who give you that dumb "HUH??? or oooookay?" like the response you got! Basically that is English for......"Don't bother me with trivial stuff" like her dck or getting your own children and other dck's sick is trival!! :(

Cadillac
02-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Mom should take better care but he probably just got snot in his eye and then his eye got irritated. unless his eyes are really red just take a warm cloth and wipe his eyes (outter to inner only), wipe the snot away with a warm cloth too. keep his face very clean and the cloudiness and gunk should be gone in about 24hr. couple of my kids had the same thing when they had bad colds.

Momof4
02-19-2012, 12:13 PM
If I had a child with green eye discharge along with green nose discharge I'm afraid the parents would get a phone call from me to immediately pick up their child. Clear running dishcarge means virus and green means bacterial and a visit to the doctor in my experience.

You should not put up with that kind of behaviour from the parents MammaMia! You deserve respect in your own home and when making business decisions according to your contract (at least this is spelled out in my contract). I always tell the parents that I'm here to protect ALL the children and they wouldn't want me to allow another child with a contagious problem into the daycare to infect THEIR child!

playfelt
02-19-2012, 12:31 PM
By Tuesday it will take care of itself - by now if it was an infection child has woken up with eye glued shut and it will be obvious that she needs medical help. If by Tuesday she hasn't then it was just cold related and a cold in the sinuses can cause discharge. If she is obviously a mess on Tuesday then she needs to be sent home till a doctor gives the all clear in writing.

Inspired by Reggio
02-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Ya - under my communicable disease policy ... I would not allow the child back into care without either 'treatment' for pink eye being undergone for 24 hours and a prescription for 'drops' upon return as proof they were seen by a Dr and treated OR if it is not something that needs 'treatment' and they are safe to return they could return with a 'Dr note' and I provide the reentry form where it clearly indicates what the child's symptoms were of XYZ and my 'concern' that it could be XXXXX and a communicable disease requiring treatment or exclusion as per the public health policies' and the Dr note has to clearly indicate that the child may return to care as they do not pose a threat to any other child under the Public Health Guidelines or it was not what I expected but rather XXXX and the child can return to childcare after X hours on the treatment provided'.

That way I KNOW I have done my due dilegence to protect the child , the children in my care and myself ... the child was seen by a medical professional and treated and if the DR signs off that they are not a 'communicable threat' and other children come down with the same symptoms I covered my ass with documentation the child was only allowed back into care after being seen by a DR who is the expert not me ;)

mom-in-alberta
02-19-2012, 10:18 PM
By Tuesday it will take care of itself - by now if it was an infection child has woken up with eye glued shut and it will be obvious that she needs medical help. If by Tuesday she hasn't then it was just cold related and a cold in the sinuses can cause discharge. If she is obviously a mess on Tuesday then she needs to be sent home till a doctor gives the all clear in writing.

My thoughts exactly.