PDA

View Full Version : Bibs

lunademiel
02-24-2012, 07:42 PM
HELP! What type of bibs are best??? I have two one-year olds who are SUPER messy! I need bibs that will stay on, wipe well, and are fairly full coverage.

Any favorites?

sunnydays
02-24-2012, 07:57 PM
I have parents provide the bibs, but one of my one year olds has a good one...I htink it's Kushies...it goes over his shoulders (he puts his arms through) so harder for him to pull off.

Spixie33
02-24-2012, 08:10 PM
I love these ones from IKEA

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70179754/

They have full sleeves and wash easy.

I even use these for paint smocks for the little ones 1-3 years old. It has never let paint through the clothes yet

zen39
02-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Same as spixie...I use the ikea ones for meals and painting too...they are very affordable and very durable.

Mamma_Mia
02-25-2012, 12:02 AM
I have a few of the Kushies ones...one has a short sleeve and others are just wide bibs...I love them! They go in the wash eo easily but are like almost plastic like so easy for quick wipes. I have had one for 2yrs now and it's still hard to pull off! Worth the $$

mom-in-alberta
02-25-2012, 03:33 AM
The Kushies one mentioned above with the full sleeves. Not the least expensive kind, but wonderful!!! One of my p/t boys has one that mom puts in the bag, and I love it so much that when I open at full capacity again, I am going to go buy one for each kid.

Inspired by Reggio
02-25-2012, 09:18 AM
If you live near a Zeller's at the moment they all have their bibs 40% off they might have the full sleeve ones - these are my favorite style as well.

Dreamalittledream
02-27-2012, 10:17 AM
I agree...love love the Ikea ones...full sleeve, super cheap...I've been using the same ones for a year now!

jec
02-27-2012, 12:06 PM
I have Kushies that look like the ones posted above from Ikea. I have the Crayola green paint covers that look the same, over the shoulder and cover the arms that work for lunch and snack too if I haven't done laundry!

Thanks Spixie33 ~ I didn't know Ikea had these and will go get some for back up as there are days that laundry doesn't get done for a few days. I'm needed with a book and tea instead ;)

lunademiel
02-27-2012, 12:37 PM
I was looking at the ikea ones! I wasn't sure if they were any good because they are priced so well! Good to hear that they work! I will order some today!

Thanks

lunademiel
02-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Ugh and of course they do not ship this item to Winnipeg! And we don't have an Ikea yet! BOO

Momof4
02-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't bother with bibs? There is a carpet under my table so I don't serve soups or stews, always chunky foods. Sometimes I send children home with banana smears on their clothes, but meh, that's life!

I do have paint shirts to protect clothing during crafting but washing some food off a child's clothes doesn't bother anyone.

mom-in-alberta
02-28-2012, 02:49 AM
Depends on a) what we are having b) what the child is wearing and c) the individual child.
White t-shirt on spaghetti day?? Bib!!!
Also, I had one little boy who was coming up to two and was the MESSIEST eater I have ever seen. It maddened me to no end, lol. Mom and dad had not taught him any table manners whatsoever, so he rubbed food in his hair and made the biggest mess of his hands, face and clothing. Not to mention the tray of his highchair, my floor, etc. He always wore a bib at my house, and still managed to have a dirty shirt most of the time. Luckily, it didn't bother mom at all.

Momof4
02-28-2012, 06:10 PM
mom in alberta, that Mom must believe as I do - that clothes should not be worn to daycare that cannot get covered in food, any craft supplies or mud. That means they had great fun. Ummmm, however I do believe in teaching table manners and proper eating rules, including no food on your head or on the floor.

mom-in-alberta
02-29-2012, 02:07 AM
OH, I know, I have it stated in my manual that they must not wear "dress clothes" to daycare. I even say that if they are going somewhere immediately after pick-up, it's always a good idea to bring a change of clothes, lol!!
In my mind; a dirty child is a happy child :), but that does not mean we eat like a monkey! (I don't know if monkeys are actually messy, but you get my point *wink*)

Momof4
03-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Ok, I admit it, I had to use bibs today. :laugh: