PDA

View Full Version : Great Price for Foundations Quad!

Sandbox Sally
02-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Hi All! I just purchased my quad stroller yesterday, and wanted to let everyone else in on the deal that I got. I was about to go down the road here in Toronto to buy from Macklems, but decided to see what prices were like online first.

So I ended up seeing one on the website babyhaven.com and it was priced lower than Macklems...oh yeah but how much for shipping?? Well, even with the shipping from California, it worked out to be about $20 dollars cheaper than retail here in the city, AND, when I went to check out, I noticed they had a coupon code area, so I did a quick Google search for coupons, and lo and behold, I found one for 15% off Canadian shoppers only! So the code is CANADA15, and I ended up paying a grand total of $512 dollars, instead of $589 that they wanted at the retail outlet. That includes all taxes, duty etc as well.

AND it's coming straight to my door. :) I'll let you know how long it takes to get here.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else is in the market for a new stroller.

Inspired by Reggio
02-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Oh gotta love a great deal!

mlc1982
02-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Great deal! I just got a Foundations Quad ... love it! Don't know what I ever did without it!

Sarah
02-27-2012, 05:32 AM
I am looking for a runabout stroller..... cannot find any! There are soooooooooo expensive when new! Good for you that you found what you were looking for!

Sandbox Sally
02-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Sarah, yes I considered getting a runabout too, but it was too costly for me. They rarely go up on kijiji or Craigslist, so I opted for this one. Besides, this'll be easier to store!

Dreamalittledream
02-27-2012, 10:13 AM
I LOVE my choo choo wagon (Step 2). It comes with seating for 2 (approx. $120) and I've added 2 trailers ($60) to give me total seating for 4. Each gets their own little pod with seatbelt, cup holder. This is so easy to push and maneuver (even in snow!). Radio Flyer sells a clip on umbrella if you are so inclined.
Here is a link to the description http://www.sears.ca/product/step-2-choo-choo-wagon/616-21111-21111?extid=112311_c a_1search_2en_3gogl_ 4toy_5toy-dynamic_6toys&gclid=COiQoarFvq4CFQ zGKgoduB-RYQ

Cadillac
02-27-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm jealous!!!!! What's this store you were talking about in toronto? Any other neat stuff there that I'd be interested in for the daycare?

Sandbox Sally
02-27-2012, 12:51 PM
The store is called Macklems, and they have a tonne of fantastic baby stuff, but it's mostly pricy, froufrou crap that the upwardly mobile types purchase. It's in Roncesvalles, if that gives you any idea of its clientele. Nothing really for us daycare peoples.

Cadillac
02-27-2012, 12:59 PM
The store is called Macklems, and they have a tonne of fantastic baby stuff, but it's mostly pricy, froufrou crap that the upwardly mobile types purchase. It's in Roncesvalles, if that gives you any idea of its clientele. Nothing really for us daycare peoples.

BAHAHAHAHAHA I'm in the beaches so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about

Sarah
02-27-2012, 04:33 PM
oh FlexFunCare, I am also in the beaches! Where about???

dodge__driver11
02-27-2012, 04:50 PM

HAHAHA I love how you say that

Cocoon
02-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Well done you!:) Let us know how you like your new stroller?

Cadillac
02-27-2012, 05:42 PM
oh FlexFunCare, I am also in the beaches! Where about???

Sent you a private message.

jec
03-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I LOVE my choo choo wagon (Step 2). It comes with seating for 2 (approx. $120) and I've added 2 trailers ($60) to give me total seating for 4. Each gets their own little pod with seatbelt, cup holder. This is so easy to push and maneuver (even in snow!). Radio Flyer sells a clip on umbrella if you are so inclined.
Here is a link to the description http://www.sears.ca/product/step-2-choo-choo-wagon/616-21111-21111?extid=112311_c a_1search_2en_3gogl_ 4toy_5toy-dynamic_6toys&gclid=COiQoarFvq4CFQ zGKgoduB-RYQ
I have the same Choo Choo and the kids all make noise of a choo choo as we ride along. However you said that you push it...and through the snow:eek: I have 5 cars in total and it's crazy to push but pulling can get heavy once all the babes start weighing more!! I love it too but looking for something that I can push now as I'm in an area where I am having to go up hill for our walks.