PDA

View Full Version : Outside

Dreamalittledream
03-01-2012, 09:49 AM
My morning so far...
9:07-9:25 getting snow stuff on 7 kids (P.A. Day=2 extra), finding my stock of extra snow clothes (not one child was sent this morning with snow pants, mitts or a hat!)
9:25-9:35 happily playing (something I did rain, snow or shine ALL DAY as a kid)
9:35-10 whining it's too cold, we're bored (really?! It's snow, use your imagination!)
10:00-10:07 getting snow stuff off
10:07 happy kids with hot chocolate and cookies

Sigh

Sandbox Sally
03-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Ugh...my OWN kids do this frequently. So annoying. In the summer, it's too hot. :rolleyes:

Cadillac
03-01-2012, 10:57 AM
My morning so far...
9:07-9:25 getting snow stuff on 7 kids (P.A. Day=2 extra), finding my stock of extra snow clothes (not one child was sent this morning with snow pants, mitts or a hat!)
9:25-9:35 happily playing (something I did rain, snow or shine ALL DAY as a kid)
9:35-10 whining it's too cold, we're bored (really?! It's snow, use your imagination!)
10:00-10:07 getting snow stuff off
10:07 happy kids with hot chocolate and cookies

Sigh

I didn't go out today. It was just wet and Blah out (but now I regret it) time outs all morning, hitting, whining, running like crazy people and falling, and crying, and crying. Rather waste time like you . . .

Play and Learn
03-01-2012, 11:59 AM
We didn't make it outside today either. I got all excited because it's a snow day here, and we can't go outside cause i have little ones that might get blown away! It's too bloody windy here for the little guys. :(

So we spent the day inside again, and did different things - brought out special toys, and had pizza for lunch!

Inspired by Reggio
03-01-2012, 12:27 PM
It was raining here :(

I am fortunate my crew all LOVE it outside and can entertain themselves with very little stuff or aid from me at all ... we spent two hours at the park on Tuesday morning playing with 'sticks' they collected and made into a 'campfire' and they put snowballs on the end of the sticks for marshmallows and than a monster' came and tried to steal their marshmallows and a game of chase ensured - they have GREAT imaginations and half the time it is ME who is bored and wanting to come inside :o

Spixie33
03-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Dream - I had to grin at your description. That is funny. I am sure it wasn't funny for you though. Yikes

How old are the kids?

It was a snow day here and there was lots of new fallen snow but no wind so I took the gang out for an hour in front of the house and gave them the red toy snow shovels from Dollarama, some beach shovels that we use during summer, and a toboggan and let them go wild. They love those Dollarama kid snow shovels. I had a hard time wrestling everyone back in because MY feet were feeling frozen. lol I had a 3, 5, 7 and 1 year old out. I guess it makes a difference if it is windy.

I can't believe they would say they are bored though. I swear now that kids just have TV, video games, leappads, etc they need to remember that they have an imagination and how to play and make 'games' up in their minds

jec
03-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I got a little grin like Spixie33 did ~ dressing all the kids and running around trying to find spare outside clothes alone is like a 20 minute cardio workout :laugh:

Dreamalittledream
03-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Dream - I had to grin at your description. That is funny. I am sure it wasn't funny for you though. Yikes

How old are the kids?

It was a snow day here and there was lots of new fallen snow but no wind so I took the gang out for an hour in front of the house and gave them the red toy snow shovels from Dollarama, some beach shovels that we use during summer, and a toboggan and let them go wild. They love those Dollarama kid snow shovels. I had a hard time wrestling everyone back in because MY feet were feeling frozen. lol I had a 3, 5, 7 and 1 year old out. I guess it makes a difference if it is windy.

I can't believe they would say they are bored though. I swear now that kids just have TV, video games, leappads, etc they need to remember that they have an imagination and how to play and make 'games' up in their minds. Was pretty comical to me too;). Yes, I so should have thought ahead (husband left with keys to our garage...sleds, toys etc. in there)... but cups and bowls would have worked too. The 6 & 3 year-old are my P.A. Day kids (3 year old is in a full time head start program), other than that they are 14 months, 18 months, 3@ 2 yrs old and 4. It was pretty windy today; that didn't help things. Can't wait until spring...then it's just open the door and go...they're much happier then:)

sunnydays
03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
I totally hear you!!! Yesterday was the same for me (we go out in the afternoon)...actuall y many days go like this...30 minutes of wrestling kids into snowsuits, mitts, hats, boots, scraves, etc...some of them more than once because they took it all off while I was getting the next one ready...then someone ALWAYS poops right when we are about to head out (I guess that is better than once we are already out, but still!). By the time we get out, I am sweaty and exhausted and the three one year olds are usually stereo crying because they hate their winter gear. We get out...10 minutes later, the one year olds one by one start crying because it's too cold! They have been getting better as they get more used to it, but yesterday was cold and windy...today we are not going to attempt it...it's snowing and blowing...I know it will be a futile attempt! I can't wait for summer!!!

Momof4
03-01-2012, 05:50 PM
I've never had a child complain about being outside. I've had little ones cry and cry because they are getting cold but I have to beg the older ones to put their toys away so we can go in. I actually never have had a child tell me they are bored no matter where we are or what we are doing. I thought only teenagers did that!

mom-in-alberta
03-02-2012, 01:09 AM
I hear ya!! I had a little guy last year that HATED being outside in the winter. It makes for a long and frustrating day if I don't at least take them outside for a little bit, though.....
:eek:

mom2boys
03-02-2012, 01:21 PM
we've had a really rough week with little outdoor time. One of my own kids is sick, so I'd rather keep him inside, and the weather has been windy and cold a few days this week. I am so looking forward to spring!. I have 3 little guys 15-17months who get fed up really fast...all the snow gear makes it hard for them to do anything...they can barely walk in it.
But the forecast for next week looks promising!