PDA

View Full Version : Daycare locations

hope717
03-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Hello

Just wondering if it would be possible to do daycare in an apartment.
Has anyone done something like this Thanks

Skysue
03-05-2012, 01:05 PM
I think it's possible but how big is your space?

Is there a separate space for play & naps, we eat in my playroom (large pic nic table) but I think it's hard for the kids to de-stress for nap in the same room?

A good selling feature of an apartment building would be the party room, see if you can strike up a deal with the building manager to secure a space for 2 hours each day for a small fee (see if they can give it to you for free if you clean it for them when needed, your choice but just a thought) for circle time and group story and singing time. What a great space to play tag or duck duck goose!

Inspired by Reggio
03-05-2012, 01:15 PM
I agree any space is sellable lots of people raise kids in apartments ... do you have access to outside space like a close by park cause that is often the concern with apartments - no fenced yard but if you have a close by park and access as the PP said to an indoor space for rainy days you could sell that as your plan to address those areas of childhood programs?

My home has the same square footage as my last apartment before I got married ... so only difference is it is spread over three floors verses one ...having no stairs could be a huge plus :)

hope717
03-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks for your comments..

The Apartment has been completely converted in to a fully functional daycare. Also its about 1000 Sq.

Cadillac
03-05-2012, 01:23 PM
I do daycare out of my apartment but it is quite large and it is on the main floor so there are no stairs and parents can run in and out quickly.

Cadillac
03-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks for your comments..

The Apartment has been completely converted in to a fully functional daycare. Also its about 1000 Sq.

http://www.daycarebear.ca/family-home-daycare-dayhome/10351-ashley-s-learning-daycare.html

tell me what you think thanks

It looks plenty big to me!

Momof4
03-05-2012, 06:46 PM
I have my daycare in my rental apartment too. I have two floors and the first floor is huge with a 1/2 bath, kitchen, dining room and living room. So the boosters stay up at the dining room table from Mon. morning to Fri. afternoon and the living room is also the toyroom. In the afternoon I close all the curtains and set up playpens and cots as needed and the main floor also becomes the sleep area. It's a lot of work putting up beds and taking them down daily but it works for me.

I don't have a yard but I do have a green space outside where I have set up play equipment and a water table and I have built a large garden that the children help me with tender loving care all summer. So I have a double and a triple stroller, a wagon with trailer and a sled. I'm ready to go to the parks and libraries weekly and field trips are a big part of my program. I have to remember to keep a day set aside for an inside day for learning and crafting weekly. I watch the weather to see which rainy days are coming up.

The real trick is to be able to put everything away in cupboards on the weekend and on weeknights so that it doesn't take over your life and you can put it out of your mind just a bit and take time for yourself.