PDA

View Full Version : The audacity of some folks!

Other Mummy
03-05-2012, 04:19 PM
I was calling back parents this afternoon to let them know that I will be open tomorrow after closing due to my daughter coming down with gastrititis. The mother whose son (he and his sister are part time) started the entire spread thru the daycare on Monday (and who came early to pick him up and missed Tuesday as well cause he was sick, but back on Friday) actually had the nerve to ask me if she had to pay for the two days her children were not here. Umm...actually they were here on Monday for 2 hours. I spent the better half of those two hours while waiting for her to pick up her sick son, cleaning the puke off him 5 TIMES!!! I mean I changed him..washed him....even put on my own son's clothes on him as his bag of extra clothes ran out after the second time he threw up. As well as scrubbing down walls and floors after said sick ddc threw up everywhere.

.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? You want reimbursement?? So I told her if she read her contract. She hemmed and hawed. You are paying for the spots. period. :mad:
It will help with the cost of steam cleaning my throw rug as well :mad:

Momof4
03-05-2012, 06:32 PM
You did the right thing sticking to your contract, that's exactly what I would have said to the mother. Too bad she couldn't have gotten to your house quicker, that sounds horrible for you!

Spixie33
03-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Wow :no::no:

I would have made her feel a little guilty saying something "Remember the contract says that sick days are still payable since I was open but let me tell you that this has been a real nightmare. It sure was some clean up job. I have been scrubbing and sanitizing for days trying to make sure this outbreak is over with. I'm exhausted.":laugh::laugh:

Inspired by Reggio
03-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Um ya clueless to how disrespectful that is - good for you for setting her straight!

Sandbox Sally
03-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Agree with all of the above. Spixie, I LOVE those subtle jabs when people are asking for more than they are due. I would put it EXACTLY like that, too!

jec
03-06-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm with all of these ladies ~ stick to your contract, you did the right thing! I actually have a time frame of 1/2 pick up time after I've contacted a parent to have their little one picked up from daycare when ill.