PDA

View Full Version : So Glad to have found this site!!!

Dayhome Mamma
03-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Hello Ladies! I am so glad to have come across this. Like yourselves, I take care of children full time and have been running my dayhome in Calgary, Alberta for over a year, where I have learned tonnes, suffered more, and enjoyed many moments. I have been on a general mom's forum for over a year as well but this is like hitting the jackpot! Can't wait to read all that you've got to say and vent a little myself :) There's definitely never a dull moment. Glad to have found you. I'm looking forward to learning from your experiences! (And probably in time you will learn of mine as well :rolleyes:)

Inspired by Reggio
03-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Welcome .... lots of great support :D

Cadillac
03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
I know what you mean. It's great to have a group who COMPLETELY understands.

mlc1982
03-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Welcome! I'm in Calgary as well. What part of the city are you in?

mom-in-alberta
03-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Welcome!! I was born and raised in Calgary (not too many people can say that, lol) and now live just a little north.
I absolutely don't know what I would do without a forum like this one. Super awesome people, and they have all answered many a question for me!!
:wave:

jec
03-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Welcome ~ I've found these ladies to be really helpful and understanding !!

Mamma_Mia
03-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Welcome to the nut-house of providers LOL

Everyone here is very helpful and agree or not it, deffiently gives you things/other options to think about. PLUS gives us adult "conversation" rather than Mrs.Cleaver-Goodness all day :laugh:

Lou
03-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I love this site too!!! Welcome!!!

Dayhome Mamma
03-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Welcome! I'm in Calgary as well. What part of the city are you in?

Thanks for the Welcome Ladies! I live in the SW neighbourhood of Cedarbrae in Calgary. Have been in this neighbourhood for 4 years. 7 or 8 in Calgary in Total. Used to live in Toronto, Ontario which I miss very much :)

Sarah A
03-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Welcome! I have had my home daycare open since 2010 and It's nice to read everyone's comments on here and know that I'm not the only one going through some things.

Sandbox Sally
03-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Welcome Dayhome Mamma! I am in Toronto. I can see why you'd miss it. I love it here!

Spixie33
03-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the forum ! There are a lot of great people on here and everyone seems very supportive of each other.

lunademiel
03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Welcome, I am also new here but I.LOVE.THIS.SITE!!!! !! Seriously I have had so much wonderful advice and support!

Momof4
03-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Welcome! The good news is that the first year is the very worst and it gets better and better. The bad news is that our business is ever changing because the families change and the children learn so much from us and then move on to those lucky JK teachers who benefit from all our hard work and we start over from scratch again. That's why we need to stick together on daycare forums so that we can ask questions, vent and support each other in our special profession.