PDA

View Full Version : Gst

michellesmunchkins
03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Hi Ladies,

Do you guys collect/remit gst? I had heard that you have to make over 30,000 before you had to do that in Ontario, but now I'm hearing otherwise. Just wanted to see what everyone else is doing. Thanks

sunnydays
03-08-2012, 10:08 AM
We are exempt from charging or paying GST. See CRA's web link below:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/dycr/gst-tps-eng.html

sunnydays
03-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Always go to the source...we "hear" a lot of things our there ;) lol

michellesmunchkins
03-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Thank you :) Its what I thought, but when someone says oh I run a daycare and I pay gst, I panic and think oh no! Shesh, I hate tax time!

playfelt
03-08-2012, 01:33 PM
I collect GST for my felt business and remit quarterly but not for my daycare payments. Childcare is an exempt service.

Inspired by Reggio
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Yup thankfully we are excempt - I had someone from CRA contact me this year cause my 'revenue' was over $30,000 asking if I wanted help setting up my GST account and I just politely informed her if you double check my actual return you will see my revenue is from home childcare and therefore exempt from collecting GST and even SHE had to double check with her boss and get back to me on the phone to say 'oh of course you are correct I have marked your file so we do not bother you again' .... with my lack my knowing more than she did about her job got be red flagged for an audit :rolleyes: