PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Spots

lilac
03-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Where do you advertise your open spots? I am on Kijiji, the school list and here on daycare bear. There are 1 or 2 paid sites for my area that I have not had a lot of sucess with, actually I dont think I've ever gotten any clients from these two paid sites, so I dont want to waste my money! But any other places that you have advertised with sucess? I have 4 spots to fill! :unsure:

playfelt
03-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Check out major employers in your area. Often they will let you post on bulletin boards in their staff room area. Let ministers at local churches know that you are a new daycare in the area and open to a child needing care to start right away should there be an emergency. Some grocery stores and corner stores have message boards you can post on. A site similar to kijiji I use is here is called www.usedottawa.com If you go there and then look at the bottom for changing the location there may be a site for your area. Then look under services to place an ad - again just like on kijiji.

In the nice weather go for walks to the park and always have info cards to pass out. One time I was so deparate I put a sign on the back of my wagon and every day went to a different park and through a different area hoping for maximum exposure like up and down a major road - provided there are sidewalks of course.

I have done flyers in subdivisons near by I knew had lots of little kids but that rarely works these days since most get their mail through superboxes and rarely open their mailbox on their house.

It just takes time and far more than we wish.

Momof4
03-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I had a lot of success with referrals from current clients and electronic ad systems within large companies as playfelt mentioned. Do you have a website with tons of pictures on it, because that makes people fall in love with you before they even get to your house? Don't get depressed, just keep advertising and interviewing. Sometimes there are down times and depressing times but then it all falls into place when you least suspect it. We're here for you so vent away while you keep trying. Don't be afraid to ask your friends and family members to spread the word about your daycare to anyone they know who has a new baby.

Mamma_Mia
03-08-2012, 07:14 PM
It's so true!
I'm also on Kijiji, this site and posted at 3 local grocery stores. I forgot about the school list and local churches is a great idea!

I would like to fill 2 spots (so I can kick one to the curb! LMAO) f/t would be ideal but even p/t 3days a week would be great! Anything!!

Inspired by Reggio
03-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Lots of great advice already!

Noticed you are in Oshawa - most Ontario Early Years centres have 'home childcare binders' for parents using the 'well baby clinics' and other services on maternity leave to peruse when returning to work ... if yours does not have one perhaps suggesting this would be a valuable resource!

I know it is a ways off yet - however Halloween is a great time to get the word out ... put a little business card with all your trick or treater's bags ;)

Postcards on Vista print are VERY REASONABLE seriously often FREE and than just shipping and handling to be like less than $0.03 a postcard and very professional looking ... go for a walk and put some in mailboxes - put a tiny tag line on there 'reduce, reuse recycle - if you do not need childcare please pass me on to someone who might' ... post them on Community boards at grocery stores, libraries and so forth?

Spixie33
03-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Did you try daycareavailable? That is a great website to use for ads in the Durham region
http://www.daycareavailable directory.com/index.php?a=19&change=0&c=1418&b[subcategories_also]=1&b[by_city]=Oshawa

lilac
03-09-2012, 12:20 AM
oh yes, daycareavailable is one of the paid sites that I did not have any luck with... kind of a more expensive site too...!

Thanks ladies! I will try your suggestions although I dont think I"ll make it til Halloween without filling these spots!! LOL!

Mamma_Mia
03-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Did you try daycareavailable? That is a great website to use for ads in the Durham region
http://www.daycareavailable directory.com/index.php?a=19&change=0&c=1418&b[subcategories_also]=1&b[by_city]=Oshawa

I agree daycareavailable is at the lowest $30 a month and I don't see many updates on it.....I was thinking about it but good to know it's not "that" great. LILAC we're just a hop-skip-&-a-jump away from eachother lol so if you're not getting results from it, most likely I wont either.

I tried this site lst night and found my city.....there was only one other childcare posting and a total of 6 times in the 'Kids' area........LOL I don't think its a well known site for my area :laugh: but thanks for the suggestion - maybe its better luck for some other ladies :)

90% of my calls/emails and interviews have been from kijiji the rest from here!

jec
03-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Postcards on Vista print are VERY REASONABLE seriously often FREE and than just shipping and handling to be like less than $0.03 a postcard and very professional looking ... go for a walk and put some in mailboxes - put a tiny tag line on there 'reduce, reuse recycle - if you do not need childcare please pass me on to someone who might' ... post them on Community boards at grocery stores, libraries and so forth?

Great idea Reggio!! I need to fill a few spots myself and this is a great idea :thumbsup:

Spixie33
03-09-2012, 08:04 AM
I agree daycareavailable is at the lowest $30 a month and I don't see many updates on it.....I was thinking about it but good to know it's not "that" great. LILAC we're just a hop-skip-&-a-jump away from eachother lol so if you're not getting results from it, most likely I wont either.

I tried this site lst night and found my city.....there was only one other childcare posting and a total of 6 times in the 'Kids' area........LOL I don't think its a well known site for my area :laugh: but thanks for the suggestion - maybe its better luck for some other ladies :)

90% of my calls/emails and interviews have been from kijiji the rest from here!

Oh I see. :huh: I never realized it was a paid site.
The reason that website sticks in my mind is that it was the site i used to look for daycare when I lived in the Durham region and I found my providers through that site. I had never heard of daycarebear until I started doing daycare myself. <Maybe this site is a newer one. I guess that explains why some areas on daycareavailable barely have listings. I was wondering how the poor people in Pickering find daycare when there is only 1 or 2 providers. lol:p:p

Sandbox Sally
03-09-2012, 11:29 AM
I get a lot of inquiries from Godaycare.com too. I think it shows up in Google more often than daycarebear for whatever reason.

Mamma_Mia
03-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I get a lot of inquiries from Godaycare.com too. I think it shows up in Google more often than daycarebear for whatever reason.

I forgot that I'm on godaycare too!