PDA

View Full Version : Substidy ??

jec
03-09-2012, 06:37 AM
I've had an inquiry for my opening and was asking if I take substidy.
This is the first time I've been asked and not sure what process is involved with this. Anyone had to deal with this before ~ does it involve paper work sending to the gov to get money??
thanks in advance!

Play and Learn
03-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Jec - where are you located? In Ontario, unless you're licensed or with an agency, you cannot take on subsidy clients.

jec
03-09-2012, 07:19 AM
I am in Ontario ~ I'm private, registered business but not with an agency.
Thanks for the info

sunnydays
03-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Exactly what Play and Learn said...you cannot take subsidy clients unless you are registered with an agency. If you want to register with an agency, you will have to apply and then follow all of their rules including numbers and ratios of children (5 children INCLUDING your own) only 2 under two and 3 under three....plus you only make a portion of the daily fee as the agency takes a cut. However, they do provide support and supplies.

Momof4
03-09-2012, 08:11 AM
You can take Ontario Works clients though I wouldn't recommend it. I only say that because I have a friend who had an OW client and she had to be paid partly by the client and partly by OW and everything was a big mess. As a young single mother I had to use subsidy but at a daycare centre. I would recommend these people go to a centre.