PDA

View Full Version : Last Straw! Termination Letter Wording Help Please

Mamma_Mia
03-09-2012, 12:36 PM
So dck arrives this morning and doesn't try to hit me infront of her mother. I was pleased. Mom text's me at 9am asking for the playpen to be packed up because she 'needs' it this weekend. Shes never needed it before for nana's or the fathers house. hummm I then ask dck "whats the name of the lady who is going to watch you from now on?" "Tanya" Ah Ha!
I got them ready (her & my daughter) and we were on our way downstairs to the playroom. As we got near the bottom she pushed my daughter down to the bottom - 4 steps down - my kid is with a bloody nose and freaking out (she's still not to sterdy with the stairs) I look up and dck is giggling with a grin from ear to ear! :cursing: That's it! Immediate termination!! I'm sooooo done!!

This is what I have right now.....feel free to add/comment.

Attn: [Parents],

It has been nice meeting your family and [Child]. I'm sorry to say that I feel we are not a good match/fit to continue on for daycare. I feel that another daycare would be more suitable to meet all your needs but I want to thank you for the opportunity.

My suggested end date for care is immediate.

Also Note: you have in possession one of my carseats, once I have it returned to me in the exact same condition as it was when it was lent out – I will then return to your playpen to you.

Thank you,
X_________________

Spixie33
03-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Wow -- looks like this situation keeps getting worse.

Hope your daughter is okay.

Just a couple of corrections/suggestions...

PS not sure if it is a good idea to keep the playpen. Things may get nasty or they might go petty and call the police on you. Just be careful with that
-------------------

Attn: [Parents],

It has been nice meeting your family and [Child]. I'm sorry to say that I feel we are not a good match/fit to continue on for daycare. I feel that another daycare would be more suitable to meet all your needs but I want to thank you for the opportunity.

This notice is effective immediately.

Also Note: you have in possession one of my carseats, once I have it returned to me in the exact same condition as it was when it was lent out – I will then return the playpen to you.

Thank you,
X_________________

---------------------------

good luck

Mamma_Mia
03-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Hope your daughter is okay.

PS not sure if it is a good idea to keep the playpen. Things may get nasty or they might go petty and call the police on you. Just be careful with that

Thanks for asking, she has a prety nasty bump on her head and her nose stopped bleeding but is very sulky now.

Re: the playpen & carseat
Yesterday before 9am dck threw up all over my couch. I called and made she she was picked up within the hour. Mom says the stepfather would be coming but he needs a carseat - I agreed to lend mine for the trip home. She then sends me a text at 10pm saying that dck will be coming tomorrow since she was acting fine all day and wasnt sick. I agreed and reminded her about my carseat. She came this morning without it. That is mine - give it back.

How else would you handle this? I need that carseat back...

Sandbox Sally
03-09-2012, 01:08 PM
I would totally do a straight up exchange. No way would I give the playpen without the carseat. Is she paid up?

Mamma_Mia
03-09-2012, 01:21 PM
nope - she owing me the money tonight at p/u

jec
03-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I agree with Spixie33 on her suggestion on how to word when termination date 'This notice is effective immediately'. Your telling them it's over not letting them decide when the last day will be.
Be prepared that she may be a b with an itch and not give the car seat back. Is she paid up?
I would call or text her to ask if she is bringing the car seat at pick up as your needing it to go out tonight ~ if she forgot it, then please take an extra 15 minutes to go home and pick it up before pick up.

Sandbox Sally
03-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Yes! What jec said...text and tell her to go home and get it. :) And give her NOTHING until you get your pay and your seat. Ugh...so wish she didn't have your seat so you could hold the playpen ransom for the week's fees...

Forgot to add, I am SO pleased for you that you're getting rid of these two. What a nightmare! I can't believe she willfully hurt your child. Something is wrong with her, but it's not your problem any more.

Mamma_Mia
03-09-2012, 01:44 PM
YES!!!!!

Step-dad just dropped off the carseat on his way to a job (roofer). Now I don't have to worry about it getting messy(er) :eek:

I'm seriously sick to my stomach!!
It's doing flip after flip and mom doesn't arrive until 6pm! ahhhh

Sandbox Sally
03-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Mamma, do you need a new kid? My SIL is a daycare provider in Whitby too, and she knows a few people that were/are looking for care. Want me to ask her? Network, baby. ;)

lunademiel
03-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Wow, sucks that you have to go through this... :flower:

Cocoon
03-09-2012, 02:17 PM
I hope your daughter is feeling better. What a nasty thing to do. The grin would make me go mad actually!

"It has been nice meeting your family and [Child]. I'm sorry to say that I feel we are not a good match/fit to continue on for daycare. I feel that another daycare would be more suitable to meet all your needs but I want to thank you for the opportunity."

I think you are very polite with your words. I would definitely let her know what her daughter did and show her your daughters' bump. So she knows how problematic her child is! God help her new caregiver:) Poor woman :(

Good that you are terminating them immediately. Ask her to bring the remaining sum she needs to pay. Don't say "bring the money or the planpen is mine" :) you can tell her that if she doesn't bring the money. :))) I hope you charged her 2 weeks deposit before they started with you.

Cocoon

Mamma_Mia
03-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Mamma, do you need a new kid? My SIL is a daycare provider in Whitby too, and she knows a few people that were/are looking for care. Want me to ask her? Network, baby. ;)

YES please!
I'm going to PM you :)

Mamma_Mia
03-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Because all of you are so nice I'm ALMOST tempted to let out their names as a WARNING!!! :laugh: but I wouldn't....

You never know right? but I believe what works for some - doesn't work for others, so "IF" you do get her/them.........Good Luck!

sunnydays
03-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Wow...what a nasty situation! So glad you are terminating immediately! I would add into the letter that she owes you XX amount of unpaid fees which need to be paid immediately. That will make that part more official. So glad you got your carseat back...they are more expensive than playpens usually! You are going to be amazed how much more peaceful your life is next week without this family :) Stay strong and do what you gotta do ;) We are all backing you!

jazmic
03-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Let us know how it goes. Remember to stay professional at all times, no matter what she says/does. Good luck. :) Oh... and definitely tell her what her daughter did.

Lou
03-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Thinking of you tonight at P/U!!! Hope she has your money! Good luck!!!

Momof4
03-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Oh your poor little girl! Isn't it awful that this child has so much evil in her? I don't know any other way to put it, except that she's actually evil!

You are definitely doing the right thing and I hope the Mom is a little less evil than her child, OMG! Good luck at 6pm.

Inspired by Reggio
03-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Sending vibes of strength and peaceful resolution for you!

Mamma_Mia
03-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Mom arrives and I suggested that she take the playpen to the car and come back for her daughter...I quickly dressed her up - she handed me the payment envelope - I handed her the diaperbag and said "there is a letter in there for you"....... and she walks away - Ahhhhh I chickened out!!!!!!! She was going down my driveway and I said "have a nice weekend" - she replies "yeah...(huff/chuckle) you too" in the most sarcastic tone e.v.e.r!

I walk back inside, open the envelope and SHE SHORTED ME A DAY AGAIN!!!!!

*****meaning she wanted to piss me off. This is right after we had the new contract & payment talk etc. She obviously wanted to cause an issue today*****

I knew my gut was right, she was planning on screwing me over today...thankfully it wasn't a blank envelope [lesson learned, check payment total before they leave] anyways the joke is on her! I was one step ahead of the game :P

my husband laughs saying "watch her not read the envelope and knocks on the door Monday morning...."
my answer: "I"ll slam the door in her face!"

playfelt
03-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I wonder if the mom is thinking the letter is about payment and it would so look good on her if she didn't read it and did show up on Monday. I am guessing with asking for the playpen for the weekend she wasn't planning on coming back so you beat her to it.

Hope your daughter is feeling better. Enjoy next week and check out the window for all arrivals and just don't answer the door if it is her. If she calls or messages just remind her of the letter in the diaper bag.

mom-in-alberta
03-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Poor "Tanya"..... she don't know what she got comin'!! :bored:

On the plus side, HOOOORAAAY! Good bleepin' riddance, I say. As much as I know that you want to fill spots in your daycare, it's just not worth it with a family like this.
I would have been LIVID if she pushed a kid down the stairs, let alone mine. Seriously; to be actively trying to hurt others at such a young age, is disturbing to me.

jec
03-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Glad this is over for you. I signed on this morning to find out how it went.
If she shows up on Monday, you can just let her know sorry however her termination letter was in the bag and sorry she didn't read it however, you are no longer able to care for her daughter.

Inspired by Reggio
03-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Oh WOW ya the short changing again is SO GROUNDS for termination for sure!

Seriously why do people treat the person who is CARING FOR AND HELPING RAISE their CHILDREN in such a disrespectful manner???

Momof4
03-10-2012, 03:08 PM
What a piece of work she is! Good for you for getting one up on her but darn it I hope she pays you what she owes you. I also like playfelt's suggestion. Wave at her to go away from your window or something. Oh, I guess you have to open the door to collect for the day she owes you, but then tell her to go away.

Mamma_Mia
03-11-2012, 12:14 AM
What a piece of work she is! Good for you for getting one up on her but darn it I hope she pays you what she owes you. I also like playfelt's suggestion. Wave at her to go away from your window or something. Oh, I guess you have to open the door to collect for the day she owes you, but then tell her to go away.

Who am I kidding.....I'm not holding my breath for the day she owes me! She had exact change...Loonies and all....it was on purpose to short pay me And you know what??? I don't care about the $$ I just want her GONE!

If she does show up......which is a big IF, I'll just say something along the lines of "thanks for the short payment [smirk] I guess you didn't read the letter. Like I made very very clear to you LAST week - I get paid everyday. No money - no daycare. Goodbye" [insert door slam here] and have 911 on speed-dial :laugh:

Momof4
03-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Woohoo! Sounds like you are ready! Good luck Monday morning, hope she doesn't show up.

Sandbox Sally
03-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Did you hear from her at all?

Lou
03-12-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm wondering as well!

Mamma_Mia
03-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Sorry to keep you waiting :laugh: Yesterday (sunday) I receive a text from her say this exctly:

"Im gonna need daycare receipts for Jan-Mar 9. I need it for court tomorrow. have them ready for when I get there." (not even a could you please do me a favor etc.) :blink:

--I don't provide receipts, never said I would/do

"Relax. It isn't for taxes, I need them for court only"

(seriously who the **** does she think she is?)

---I'm not surprised you're contacting me, that just means you didn't read the letter like to asked you too.

"no I didn't. Why?"

---I also assumed you were not coming back to daycare after what you did....I made it very very clear to you about payment & you short paid me AGAIN even after our talk last week. Myabe you didn't think I was serious, I am. Per the contract short payment is ground for IMMEDIATE termination of care. My house, My rules - you obviously do not respect my rules. So good luck finding alternitave care for your daughter.

"whatever"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

And I haven't heard from her since....the nerve of that woman? Who are you to try to boss me around in my house and demand things? f'off and good riddance!

I'm 100000% glad this is over!

Inspired by Reggio
03-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Wow that women has some nerve - seriously expects you to whip up a receipt for court in less than a day - like she has not known for WEEKS she would be in court tomorrow - if indeed she is EVEN in court - sounds fishy to me?

....--I don't provide receipts, never said I would/do...

I would be careful here ... legally we are REQUIRED to provide receipts for childcare as clients are eligible for a tax credit for childcare payments. Failure to provide them could wind you up in trouble specially if she needs one for court and says you are 'refusing' to issue one - you could find yourself all up in an audit :(

Payments made in cash are suggested to be receipted as paid and receipts for payments by cheque can be given out annually in one 'lump sum tally receipt' as clients have their cancelled cheques as 'proof of payment' as well ....but we are required to GIVE receipts either way!

My handbook and policy clearly states that parents are responsible to keep any 'receipts for cash' as given for their own records and that an official childcare tax receipt will be issued ANNUALLY for care contracted between January 1 - December 31st of that year and will be available no later than the following February 28th . So technically if this lady was MY client, and only because she has been such a COW, I would refuse to issue it until NEXT February as per my contract because 2012 has not 'ended' yet and I am not obligated to give it 'before' legally required ;)

ladyjbug
03-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Wow that women has some nerve - seriously expects you to whip up a receipt for court in less than a day - like she has not known for WEEKS she would be in court tomorrow - if indeed she is EVEN in court - sounds fishy to me?

I would be careful here ... legally we are REQUIRED to provide receipts for childcare as clients are eligible for a tax credit for childcare payments. Failure to provide them could wind you up in trouble specially if she needs one for court and says you are 'refusing' to issue one - you could find yourself all up in an audit :(

Payments made in cash are suggested to be receipted as paid and receipts for payments by cheque can be given out annually in one 'lump sum tally receipt' as clients have their cancelled cheques as 'proof of payment' as well ....but we are required to GIVE receipts either way!

My handbook and policy clearly states that parents are responsible to keep any 'receipts for cash' as given for their own records and that an official childcare tax receipt will be issued ANNUALLY for care contracted between January 1 - December 31st of that year and will be available no later than the following February 28th . So technically if this lady was MY client, and only because she has been such a COW, I would refuse to issue it until NEXT February as per my contract because 2012 has not 'ended' yet and I am not obligated to give it 'before' legally required ;)

I totally agree with Inspired by Reggio here. You might even want to shoot off a text that says you mis-typed and of COURSE she will be getting her tax receipt next year as required, but additional receipts cannot be issued at this time. Since she has in writing that you plan not to issue receipts, you could be in trouble if she decides to be even MORE of a cow about it. Best to cover your butt.

Sorry you are going through this. I just had a rough termination last week myself, and I don't wish these types of people on anyone!

sunnydays
03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
I agree with the other ladies...cover yourself and let her know that you will issue the reciept for tax purposes, but cannot issue it on short notice for court. Good thing she texted or she'd have showed up this morning!

Mamma_Mia
03-12-2012, 05:40 PM
ok thanks ladies.....

jec
03-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Wow ~ this person is a piece of work. I'd say lady but she's not acting like one!!
Glad it's over for you!!

Lou
03-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Holy crap!!! If anyone ever told me to "Relax" I would have lost my shit. LOL. Good riddance!!!!

Mamma_Mia
03-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Holy crap!!! If anyone ever told me to "Relax" I would have lost my shit. LOL. Good riddance!!!!

:laugh: You should have seen me....husband and I were getting ready to go out and when that text came in he came running into the room because I was flipping out like as if she was there! LOL

mom-in-alberta
03-13-2012, 02:37 AM
This has turned into such a saga.... :woot:
I tune in each day, to see is there have been any new developments! I hope, for your sake, that that is IT, though!!!!

Crayola kiddies
03-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Tune in tomorrow for the next episode of "the bold and the inconsiderate"

Mamma_Mia
03-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Tune in tomorrow for the next episode of "the bold and the inconsiderate"

ahahhahaha That's s good one!
I h.a.t.e this so much! I really do hope that its the end for me and never a begining for any of you!

Sandbox Sally
03-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah you can be rest assured that I would lose it too if some nasty woman told me to relax. Also, you don't OWE her receipts for this year til tax time, NEXT year...just as an fyi. I'd leave her hanging in the breeze, personally, after the hell she's put you through.

Mamma_Mia
03-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah you can be rest assured that I would lose it too if some nasty woman told me to relax. Also, you don't OWE her receipts for this year til tax time, NEXT year...just as an fyi. I'd leave her hanging in the breeze, personally, after the hell she's put you through.

Ah Ha! Thanks!! I've been searching for where it says I have to provide them at her request....I did see the end of the year or before next tax season...I was so confused! so...thanks!

dodge__driver11
03-13-2012, 05:05 PM
I am glad to know that this isn't unique to me I was begiining to think that I attracted all the crazies. Thank god this is over for you

Inspired by Reggio
03-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Ya CRA just says we must provide receipts - it does not dictate HOW OFTEN that is up to your practice and contract - so would be making her wait until Feb 28, 2103 ... The final date for business to issue tax related materials ;)

Standard pratice at centers is the temp reciept for cash which said right on them NOT FOR TAX PURPOSES so people could not double claim and than they gave one formal tax one given annually .... cause otherwise people tend to LOOSE EM and want replacements and so forth.

If your contract does not address when\how receipts are issued I would add it for sure to CYA in the future...I also have it clear you get ONE if you loose it it costs you money to get it replaced cause in centre care we constantly had to redo them and when we started charging miraculously people took more care in putting it in a safe place ;)

Another addition to consider is tax receipts can only be issued to accounts in good standing - aka someone leaves owing you money they do not get a receipt for taxes until account is settled ;)

Mamma_Mia
03-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Another addition to consider is tax receipts can only be issued to accounts in good standing - aka someone leaves owing you money they do not get a receipt for taxes until account is settled ;)

Thank you! So I'm ready when and if she comes asking for them...

jazmic
03-13-2012, 08:07 PM

:thumbsup: Love it!

mom-in-alberta
03-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Ya CRA just says we must provide receipts - it does not dictate HOW OFTEN that is up to your practice and contract - so would be making her wait until Feb 28, 2103 ... The final date for business to issue tax related materials

I know you meant 2013, but you should make her wait until 2103....LoL

Momof4
03-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Ya CRA just says we must provide receipts - it does not dictate HOW OFTEN that is up to your practice and contract - so would be making her wait until Feb 28, 2103 ... The final date for business to issue tax related materials

I know you meant 2013, but you should make her wait until 2103....LoL
:laugh: Awesome!