PDA

View Full Version : Your FAVOURITE Easter Activity

Cadillac
03-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Looking for some ideas I might not already have. What are your favouite Easter activities to do with your kids?

mom-in-alberta
03-13-2012, 02:18 AM
Clearly, decorating eggs is always a hit. You can get some really cool kits now, or just do markers, stickers, etc. And if breakage and mess is a concern, I empty them out ahead of time (with pinholes poked in the ends) or hardboil them.
Egg hunts with maps, making baskets, printables. Last year we "decopaged" some margarine containers with tissue paper in pastel colors. Used pipe cleaners for handles, and then the kids got to put some fake "grass" in. Simple, but still a good time.
Check Pinterest!! :)

playfelt
03-13-2012, 07:46 AM
I use the plastic eggs and stuff them partly for weight and partly to give them strength if a toddler steps on them. I tape them shut as they are just for hunting. They get hidden and found many times during Easter season - and we often take till end of May to find the last stray eggs that have found their way somewhere we didn't look. Good news is this is a one time purchase that is reused year after year and the kids love it. They will hide them for each other to find.

Inspired by Reggio
03-13-2012, 07:51 AM
...Check Pinterest!! :)

LOL - LOVE Pinterest!

We love to do 'silk tie' egg dying - way less mess for the wee ones - you just wrap the eggs in silk ties adhere with elastics and boil ... unwrap to see the magic design.

Exploring 'cotton balls' and 'Easter grass' in the sensory bin as well as an art medium.

We often 'decorate' paper egg shapes in various mediums ... wrap a brayer with elastic bands and roll through paint - makes a cool egg design! Bubble wrap on a brayer or rolling pin and run through paint, string painting on egg shapes.

Tissue paper on a 'mac tac egg shape' to make sun catchers in the window.

We make 'bunny ears' to wear for our Easter Egg hunt.

Momof4
03-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Oh yes, the Easter egg hunt will kill almost an hour no problem. Even if you hide them in the same spot almost every time if your daycare children are 3 and under they are thrilled every time they find an egg.