PDA

View Full Version : I wish...

lunademiel
03-21-2012, 01:06 PM
I wish this was a private group and not a public forum!!!

I really could use some help responding to a parents email but figure it would be pretty bad form to post it on a public site LOL!

UGGHHH so much for enjoying my first 2 months in the biz...:blink:

Cadillac
03-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Private message me. I'll help help you out if you want

Crayola kiddies
03-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Send a private message to Judy or inspired by Reggio ..... They are usually very helpful and usually right on the money even if it's not exactly what you want to hear.

Crayola kiddies
03-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Oh and playfelt also would be another one I look to for good info

Inspired by Reggio
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
I was going to suggest the same thing - send a PM to someone - I am relatively new but would certainly try to help if I could.

jec
03-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Same here ~ I"m new to the group. I've been in daycare for 2 1/2 years. This job can get tough when you don't have a co-worker to blow off steam and or ask for their suggestion on how to handle something. I look at these ladies like my co-workers to throw ideas off of to get different view points on how to handle things. I think that is why most of us are here :-)
Feel free to pm me too :-)

Momof4
03-21-2012, 04:04 PM
I know exactly what you mean olive and it is completely indispensible to belong to a daycare provider's only board. I belong to a couple of them and it so wonderful to be able to discuss things openly with people who understand your special daily problems. Working alone every day with the tiny little maniacs is really exhausting, but if you have serious problems with your clients, the parents, you can lose a whole lot of sleep due to stress. I hope you can work it out, whatever it is.

lunademiel
03-21-2012, 08:47 PM
This board really is amazing. I have learned SO much that I could not have learned on my own. I wish I had more experience to share all the wonderful things I have learned from you all. But honestly I worry constantly that my clients will find this site and read everything I say about their children! It would be so nice if there was some way to keep it provider only.

Having said all that, I need to find a way to change my screen name as I am worried that it's not anonymous enough. So you all might not see "olivetree" much more. Hopefully you learn my new screen name quickly!

Thank you all for the amazing advice!

I emailed the mom back today maturely and professionally, thanks to some very wise advice. I must say that today was a good day! I have my home and my daycare back! Now on to the next little munchkin who I am hoping will seem like the greatest little angel in the world! I'm glad I had a tough one to start!

Cadillac
03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
. . . . And the weight is lifted. I feel the same way about my screen name. Wish I could change it.

lunademiel
03-21-2012, 09:13 PM
I just emailed the support team and they asked what name I wanted to change it to. Since I'm so new here, I feel like changing it won't be too noticeable.

Cadillac
03-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Hmmmmm. Might copy you

mom-in-alberta
03-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Luna; glad you got everything sorted!!
PS- the new name is pretty. :)
And Flex, if you decide to namechange, just give us a hint so we know it's you, hee hee.

Cadillac
03-22-2012, 06:47 AM
I will also have a new name sometime soon

jazmic
03-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Flex, PM me with your new name when you get it, please. I'd hate to lose track of you after the help you gave me too. :)

sunnydays
03-22-2012, 12:03 PM
I'd like to change my name too for the same reason...boy it may get confusing if we all change names lol

Sandbox Sally
03-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Same here, Flex.

Luna, nice to "meet" you. ;)

Cadillac
03-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Same here, Flex.

Luna, nice to "meet" you. ;)

LOL

Anyone one else who wants to be able to recognize me PM me so I can send you my new name.

I don't know why but I'm super excited to see when it changes

Clearly I need to get a life

lunademiel
03-22-2012, 02:34 PM
ha ha, it's pretty funny looking at the name change with it being so blatantly obvious!

Clearly I too need to get a life because I'm pretty excited about it too!

Momof4
03-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Luna, I thought I was losing my mind! I know you were somebody else yesterday when I replied to this thread!:laugh:

Flex or anybody else, if you change your name give us a heads up for sure so we still know you!

Me, I'm not afraid if anybody finds out who I am because I always tell the truth!