PDA

View Full Version : Highlights Of My Day

Cadillac
03-22-2012, 02:26 PM
I received a call this morning from a very excited parent telling me that her daughter has been accepted into the school near me (Not her 'home' school due to zoning) and will be able to continue care with me for years to come!

I thought I was going to cry

The thought of losing this family and their two girls was devastating to me and their parents.

I'm ECSTATIC!

Crayola kiddies
03-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Terrific news !!!!!

Mamma_Mia
03-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Yay!! I'm happy for you too....

It's nice to hear some good stories to remind us why we love doing this! :laugh:

Momof4
03-22-2012, 04:09 PM
So is that before & after school care or every other day? I'm happy that you are happy.

I have a little girl heading to JK in Sept. and I thought I would have a full-time space coming available but her Mom wants her to stay with me every other day for 2 more years, JK & SK. I was completely torn for a while because this little girl was sheer hell when she was a baby but thanks to hard work is now a wonderful little girl. Starting over to train a new family just makes me tired so I might keep her. I'm just not positive yet. But I understand how you feel.

jec
03-22-2012, 05:59 PM
:thumbsup: Congrats! It's nice to hear the good stories!

Cadillac
03-22-2012, 10:17 PM
So is that before & after school care or every other day? I'm happy that you are happy.

I have a little girl heading to JK in Sept. and I thought I would have a full-time space coming available but her Mom wants her to stay with me every other day for 2 more years, JK & SK. I was completely torn for a while because this little girl was sheer hell when she was a baby but thanks to hard work is now a wonderful little girl. Starting over to train a new family just makes me tired so I might keep her. I'm just not positive yet. But I understand how you feel.

She'll be attending everyday in the afternoon as this school doesn't have full day kindergarten. So, essential it is before and after school care

Cadillac
03-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Just found out I'm losing another one though (in June). I'm sad . . . but not really. She was the newest addition and was brought in to act as a playmate for my little one (not necessarily because I wanted to fill the space). But she is just too quite for my group of kids and not the best fit for their personalities. We need someone with more 'umph' in their step.

Daycare facility opened across the street from their new house so it made sense for them.

I secretly think that mom just didn't 'love' me.

mom-in-alberta
03-23-2012, 02:57 AM
Good news all around then!! What a lovely day... :)

Inspired by Reggio
03-23-2012, 06:36 AM
Great news on the first family ... sorry to be loosing the second but it sounds like that might be best over all!

Cadillac
03-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Great news on the first family ... sorry to be loosing the second but it sounds like that might be best over all!

*wince* really is the best. There were no major issues with the parents or the child, but a quiet kid in my loud group of fun loving and loud children? And a mom that was juuuuuuuuuuuuuust teetering on the paranoid side?

Well I'm not going to cry about it.

Just have to figure out if I WANT to fill the spot. SERIOUS HARD CORE, DRILL SERGEANT, XRAY EYE type screening will be going on to make it worth my while.

Other Mummy
03-23-2012, 01:04 PM
It's moments like that with your two daycare girls that make it all worthwile in the end! I cherish moments like that :) Almost makes up for the Hellish one's LOL!

Sorry to hear about the other family leaving...but you know it's for the best! and how exciting now you can find that perfect fit for your daycare!

Sandbox Sally
03-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Congrats, Caddy! So happy it worked out for you.

Momof4
03-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Cadillac, are you a very 'flexible' lady? I'm trying to figure something out.

mom-in-alberta
03-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Hahaha... I can help with that Momof4. Yes, yes she is.... :p

Cadillac
03-27-2012, 07:12 AM
Hahaha... I can help with that Momof4. Yes, yes she is.... :p

LOL. It's true . . . . I am . . . yes . . yes, I am

Cadillac
03-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Was that wrong to post on a daycare website alberta? I feel we just crossed the line . . . . . LMAO

Momof4
03-27-2012, 03:45 PM
LOL, you guys are way too close aren't ya? Loved the giggle, thanks!

Cadillac
03-27-2012, 04:32 PM
HAHAHAHA . . . . It's the only way I know how to make friends . . . LMAO . . . .. I didn't have a fun and informative daycare lady like myself so . . . I got screwed up along the way

Momof4
03-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Oh, I could write a soap opera about my life, what a mess I made of it, but my children and myself all turned out ok, strong and independent after going through all that crap, so that's a plus. Whatever doesn't kill us makes us into a super woman!