PDA

View Full Version : My Stroller

Sandbox Sally
03-23-2012, 01:36 PM
My Foundations Quad came today. Finally. I am in LOVE.

I have no idea what people were talking about when they said that this stroller is difficult to turn. I can turn it with one hand!! All the kids are excited about it. They really like sitting beside one of their buddies.

It's a little heavy for me to carry up and down my stairs, even empty, but I think that's to be expected with a quadruple stroller.

Anyway, I can't think of any other group of people who might understand how exciting this is, so I thought I'd share.

Emily3
03-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Woo hoo!!! Perfect timing for getting out to explore this spring. Enjoy!

lunademiel
03-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh that's so exciting! I really need a quad but I just don't have any money LOL! Enjoy!

Sandbox Sally
03-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Luna, this one was $513 with shipping, taxes and everything. Not bad...save up!

lunademiel
03-23-2012, 03:21 PM
My husband would probably divorce me if I spent another $500 right now LOL! But really I NEED a quad! We walk every single day. Soon I will have more kids then I can carry with just a wagon and an Ergo.

Inspired by Reggio
03-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Whoot Whoot - that is awesome nothing better than FREEDOM!

Just my motherly advice cause I cannot help myself - we are not pack mules and are not designed to be pushing 4 children who are weighing over 30 pounds each - take care of your BACK and remember that just because you have the space for four to RIDE now does not mean you need to be busting your hump allowing ALL of them to ride - if they are old enough and capable of walking and therefore weighs too much to still be being 'pushed' in a stroller make em walk most if not all of the way with the buggy as a back up ;)

lunademiel
03-23-2012, 03:32 PM
My almost 3 year old CAN walk but it would take us 3 hours to get to the end of the street if I always let him walk :)

Inspired by Reggio
03-23-2012, 03:58 PM
My almost 3 year old CAN walk but it would take us 3 hours to get to the end of the street if I always let him walk :)

LOL - ya our own are always more challenging ... my 22 month old DCB can walk 2.5 km to the OEYC by my house in under 30 minutes although the walk BACK takes us about 40 though cause they are going at slower pace by than cause they walked there played for two hours and are now walking back again ... but my deal is if you want to go fun places you gotta walk cause my back cannot push 'big kids' who can walk anymore so if they do not walk we do not go places and even though I have the van now I will not 'drive' a distance I know that they are capable of walking cause I want to promote healthy exercise and so forth and well I can use the exercise too just not the 'pushing' 150 pounds extra while I am doing it ;)

Crayola kiddies
03-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Luna ... Keep your eye on kijiji for a quad ... I have seen them on there quite often.

Momof4
03-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Oh good for you! I'm a jealous shade of green over here!

I have a triple but it's a side to side to side so I can't fit it through any doors or on the bus. I lock it up outside when I go places but then I worry the whole time we are at an event that it will be there when I get back outside with my little ones.

I have a double that I love, it's a duoglde with awesome wheels and my oldest 3 have to walk. It's taken us a ton of practice but we can go anywhere on the bus especially. My 23 month old is doing fantastic walking because he's the size of a 3 year old, but sometimes those little legs reach their limits so I have to be careful.

lunademiel
04-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Luna, this one was $513 with shipping, taxes and everything. Not bad...save up!

Alphagetti, I know it was in another post somewhere but I can't seem to find it at the moment... Where did you find this great deal??

Dayhome Mamma
04-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I totally know your joy...we just got out runabout quad this past month and its been amazing! Congrats and Enjoy!

Sandbox Sally
04-02-2012, 10:58 AM
luna, I got it at babyhaven.com. It took forever, and their customer service SUCKS, but it was worth saving the money in the end.

Reggio, I don't find the stroller heavy at all with four in it, even with two over 30 lbs! It really does glide well - MUCH better than my sit n stand I used to have. I only find it heavy lugging it up and down my front stairs to take out and put away.

littlebugsdaycare
05-18-2012, 01:12 PM
I have one, best $$ I ever spent!

lunademiel
05-18-2012, 01:58 PM
http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-baby-items-strollers-carriers-car-seats-Stroller-Wagon-W0QQAdIdZ346739136

This is what I ended up purchasing from a local hudderite colony. I seriously LOVE it! It was cheaper then the quad and apparently it works great in the winter too! Probably not after a big snow fall but that's ok. It fits 4 kids and is not too heavy to push!

Inspired by Reggio
05-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Oh that is COOL love the handle for it way more ergonomic