PDA

View Full Version : She poops during nap time

Sunflower
03-03-2011, 01:19 PM
the tittle says it all :laugh:
She usually takes 30 minutes to fall asleep but for the last week and a half she won't sleep until she has pooped ,which is almost an hour after I put her down for her nap.
Is there anything I can do ? I would really like her to nap at the same time as the others and nap time is the only time I really have to clean up the place etc. Since I stay in the playroom until everyone is asleep that doesn't give me much time to do everything I need to do before everyone else starts to wake up .

Mommy-Jenn
03-03-2011, 02:39 PM
can you fed her earlier before the rest? or can they maybe eat and watch some tv for 30 mins then go to bed? this is what i do and it seems to help these issues

ceECE
03-03-2011, 03:28 PM
I hear your frustration!!! If the other children are asleep when she goes to the bathroom, maybe move her bedding (at potty time) somewhere you can see her so you clean. When she gets tired after a couple of days of this, her bathroom urges may change and she just may start falling asleep again for you.
I have a 3 yr old that sleeps for her mom at home on the weekends, but refuses to even lay down for me. I had to move the 3 yr old to a space where I could still see, but the other children couldn't. My problem was the other children would watch the 3 yr old and not sleep themselves.
Oh my!! A lot of trial and error, eh?? :unsure:

giraffe
03-03-2011, 08:46 PM
I would feed her earlier and change her bum immediatly after she eats (some kids only poop in clean diapers). When she poops at nap time have a diaper and wipes "on the ready" and change her quickly and with as little interaction as possible.

FS2011
03-03-2011, 10:59 PM
I have the same problem sunflower! I never thought about changing the meal times or putting off nap a bit later. I will have to think about this one. I have 2 that do it and sleep seperate but lately have not been falling asleep (obviously cause of the bum).

Sunflower
03-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks everyone. I think I will try to serve lunch a tad earlier and see what happens. She's quiet and doesn't wake up the others but I want her to be comfortable and get the rest she needs, she's just turned 2. I will keep you posted.

playfelt
03-04-2011, 01:58 PM
I changed lunchtime because I found those having morning naps were starving when they woke up and so I don't serve a morning snack other than a drink and then lunch at 10:30-11:30 which is 4 hours after most had breakfast anyways. Then we do story and quiet play. Sometimes I skip dessert and serve the fruit and a cracker with a small drink of water at 12:30 and then they do naps. I do diapers during the quiet play time. It solves the poop issues and also for kids that are giving up the morning nap but can't go all the way can go down for their nap anytime by 11:30 and usually will sleep all the way till rest get up anyways.