PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Parents

Lou
03-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Just a nice story about some of my clients. They were my first family (I started back in Oct) and they have just been wonderful. They have their 2 littles girls here who are 5 and 2 1/2yrs.
At drop off this morning, Mom informed me that the 5 yrs old was feeling a little sluggish this morning and to please let her know how her day was going. By lunch time, dcg had complained 3 times that her tummy was hurting and barely touched her lunch. I texted Mom to say that dcg was doing ok, had no fever and was still smiling but just wasn't herself.
SOOOOO many parents would leave them at daycare since none of the 'mandatory pick up symptoms' were present. But Mom came over as quickly as possible to pick up dcg. She said, she didn't want it to get worse while she was with me and risk spreading it around, plus everybody including kids just want to be home when they're not feeling well. Right on mama!!! The 2 yrs old had already gone down for nap and mom didn't want to disturb her so she is having me call her when she wakes up and she'll come right back to get her.
Anyways, I know, boring post, but it means a lot to me to have decent people to have to work with everyday! Because we all know of the "other" type! :laugh:

Crayola kiddies
03-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Three cheers for responsible parenting and respecting the provider!!!!!

Inspired by Reggio
03-29-2012, 02:10 PM
:wub:

Love to hear stories catching people doing RIGHT!

I have been blessed over the years - I only have one set of clients I ever 'vent' about the rest are all AWESOME in both putting their kids needs FIRST in all their decisions AND in valuing and respecting my role in their lives ... makes the long days worth it for sure!

Momof4
03-29-2012, 03:18 PM
So happy to hear your story of great daycare parents. I'm really lucky that all of mine for the past 3 years have been awesome. Once I learned how to be a businesswoman and be confident with my contract and rules everything started running smoothly. Now I have the kind of daycare parents who come in with a Timmie's tea for me in the morning and I've received flowers for no reason, that kind of thing. It just warms your heart that they appreciate you so for all your hard work and dedication.

mom-in-alberta
03-30-2012, 03:54 AM
Definitely like to hear those stories!! Thanks for sharing. :)