PDA

View Full Version : Twins from the UK

Littledragon
04-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Hey everyone,

I was contacting on by a Dr. from the UK who found me on this website. Said she's coming here for a three weeks course and is looking for care for her 4-year-old twins. It all seems a little fishy to me - has this ever happened to any of you? Do people try to scam you on this site? I've had a few scams like this from kijiji, but seeing how it's from this website, I'm more inclined to beleive it. Should I be weary?

DaycareLulu
04-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Yes, you should be very weary! There is another thread on here with other daycare providers saying they have had been contacted by scammers through this site before. They will probably mention sending you a check for you to take out your portion and then send them the remaining money. Total scam!!! Be careful!

Lou
04-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I was contacted by a pair of missionaries from the UK looking for care for their little boy. I didn't get as far as the payment part of it because I detected the sketchiness beforehand...they had actally called their child by a different name in a follow up email! Be careful!

Cocoon
04-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Just be carefull. Tell them to contact you when they arrive here.

sunnydays
04-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Be careful! Ask them to call you directly instead of only email, for one thing.

Littledragon
04-01-2012, 03:24 PM
It was a scam. I gave her a price and she told me to she was going to send me the money before she came and I had to buy her flight ticket lol way to be! I told her my husband was a cop and that we'd tracked her down lmao

Momof4
04-01-2012, 04:56 PM
THere are so many of these scam emails. Just delete them and don't answer them.

Skysue
04-01-2012, 09:20 PM
LOL a Doctor needing you to pay her ticket and asking a complete stranger to watch her kids? Yes totally out there?

Play and Learn
04-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Most of the Emails from the UK especially people claiming they're doctors, etc. are full out scams.

I just spam these emails, and don't look back.