PDA

View Full Version : Full Moon or just Crazy???

michellesmunchkins
04-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Oh my!!! My dck's are totally off today. Hitting, kicking, biting and yelling at each other. totally standing on furniture when they KNOW they are not allowed too. Opening craft drawers that they also KNOW they are not allowed in and normally never touch. Is there a full moon out today or is it just going to be one of those days??? I have 2 down for early naps because they were sooooo mean to their friends and the other 2 having an early lunch so they can have early naps!

dodge__driver11
04-03-2012, 10:21 AM
I had that the other day, and had to switch things around a bit, it was for the best, I got some much needed recharging...During nap time enjoy a cup of coffee or whatever, maybe send someone on a timmy's run LOL.

Hope your day gets better :)

apples and bananas
04-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Wow! I'm having the same day. They've all gone crazy! The one year old won't stop crying and the 2 two year olds are plotting against me. My sweet little 2 year old girl starting continually hitting another child today to the point where I had to physically remove her from on top of him! The only saving grace is they're all napping at the same time. I'm having a nice coffee and a quiet lunch. I'm leaving the dishes until tonight. And we're all going to start again after nap.

I hope your day gets better!

ECE53
04-03-2012, 11:30 AM
I had this happen to me too a couple of weeks ago....I usually rotate toys every two weeks, but with the behaviour changes I started doing it every week and it really seemed to help them stay focused.... I also had the luck of my bitter finishing last week so that can chang things too. Whata difference one personality makes!

michellesmunchkins
04-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Its very odd for here. The little one who is technically abusing everyone today is normally the sweetest little girl and has never hit anyone. The others have their moments as all kids do, but today I swear they all made a pact to see who could drive me crazy first :) Even lunch was a disaster full of tears and I don't want this...all out of nowhere. Here's hoping the afternoon goes smoother. They are decorating eggs so that should help :)

ECE53 I rotate my toys weekly too. I get bored of playing with them, so the kids must get bored too haha. I love to see their little faces when they come on Monday and the whole room has been changed around. I find my group gets bored fast so I'm constantly changing something to keep their little minds active.

gcj
04-03-2012, 12:16 PM
full moon is April 6...

Cadillac
04-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Not just you. The full moon has passed. Perhaps they are getting sick because of the weather being up and down. My kids have been off for a couple days too. They are all sick with a cold but acting mean to each other and not listening to me (which is weird for them).

I feel like I'm being mean buckling down on them so much

Cadillac
04-03-2012, 12:40 PM
They are decorating eggs so that should help :)

We decorated eggs yesterday. My little girl broke one and discovered it was also food! We only have 3 eggs out of a dozen to show for our craft LOL. All the others were 'accidentally' broken and then wolfed down.

Skysue
04-03-2012, 12:42 PM
That explains everything! LOL

playfelt
04-03-2012, 02:18 PM
My gang is pre-sick too - a few runny noses but no real colds yet but just grumpy, not listening and if I so much as look at some of them the wrong way they dissolve into tears which just complicates things unneccessarily. No snack, struggle through playtime, skip organized activities, lunch at 10:30 bed by 11:30 leave them there till 3 and then realize they are gone an hour later.

Cadillac
04-03-2012, 04:44 PM
No snack, struggle through playtime, skip organized activities, lunch at 10:30 bed by 11:30 leave them there till 3 and then realize they are gone an hour later.

Probably my schedule tomorrow LOL

michellesmunchkins
04-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Afternoon was pretty much the same. One little one napped for 4.5 hours...something up there for sure! Here's hoping tomorrow brings happy kiddos :) Actually they all napped longer than usual and I'm a firm believer that you don't wake a sleeping baby...hopefully they sleep for mom and dad tonight! Our entire schedule was off today. Nothing accomplished :(

mamaof4
04-04-2012, 10:05 PM
I am glad I was not alone! The past 2 days have had me ready to scream/cry/hide by 8 am!

Momof4
04-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Well, we all have colds but the children in my daycare all have pretty consistent personalities and temperaments. I'm super lucky. Ahem, I'm the grouch here! I've pretty much had cold after cold after cold since January and I'm pretty darned sick of it! Guess who brought me all the colds? The little sweeties did, and one of them just sneezed in my face 2 days ago so the new cold is starting on top of the old one. My vitamins haven't even been working obviously. :crying:

michellesmunchkins
04-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I am glad I was not alone! The past 2 days have had me ready to scream/cry/hide by 8 am!

Agreed!!! I was seriously ready to put myself in time out or down for a nap long before noon every day this week haha. Its just been one of those weeks. Maybe they all got it out of their system this week and next week we will be back to normal. Generally, my group is the most loving, fun and well behaved group! I miss them haha.