PDA

View Full Version : Easter treats/ crafts

Spixie33
04-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Just wondering if other providers are giving out Easter treats tomorrow and what sort of crafts you have done?

we have decorated bunnies, giant paper eggs and painted paper easter baskets. Tomorrow I will fill the painted easter baskets with a Kinder egg and some treats and the children can take it home.

Inspired by Reggio
04-04-2012, 07:49 AM
We've decorated Bunnie masks at the library on Monday at home we've String painted on Easter Egg shape, done Shaving cream and paint sensory and than done an 'egg print' on it when done mixing and today we are dying real hard boiled eggs for lunch tomorrow and than tomorrow we will make bunny ear headbands for our party, decorate our Easter basket for our hunt after nap time, bake our Easter carrot muffins and decorate with icing for afternoon snack.

Tomorrow while they nap I will hide some color coded plastic eggs in the yard for hunting when they wake up - one color each to hunt for - the plastic eggs filled them with stickers, tattoos, a rubber ball, dinky car, a telescope and mini bubbles - all tiny things that fit inside the eggs and than they get one chocolate sucker which they can put in the baskets to take home.

michellesmunchkins
04-04-2012, 07:52 AM
We made baskets out of old kleenex boxes and tissue paper, decorated with paint and stickers. We will be doing our easter egg hunt today and the kids will put their 'treasures' into their baskets. I also add a couple treats for them to take home as well. The eggs the dyed will also be put into these baskets to send home. I always send the treats home because let's be honest I don't want 5 kids on a sugar rush running around my house haha :)

For other crafts, we also did an easter sticker collage, decorated a giant paper egg, made bunny hats and of course coloured lots of easter pictures. Most of my gang are still young so we can't get too fancy with our crafts.

Momof4
04-04-2012, 07:57 AM
We made these and it took all day!

http://pinterest.com/pin/283375001523554726/

Painting all the feet and hands, then letting them dry, then all the gluing, oh my! But now that they are all assembled and on the wall they are super cute.

We also made egg wreaths and little chickies out of egg cartons and I put little chocolate eggs in them. I bought a ton of jelly beans (bulk barn is expensive!) and clear pastry bags and made them up like big carrots and have a few other little treats tied to the ribbons and that's my gift to the children.

Dreamalittledream
04-04-2012, 09:16 AM
color coded plastic eggs in the yard for hunting when they wake up - one color each to hunt for - the plastic eggs filled them with stickers, tattoos, a rubber ball, dinky car, a telescope and mini bubbles - all tiny things that fit inside the eggs and than they get one chocolate sucker which they can put in the baskets to take home.
Love the idea of one color each to search for...educational and fun...I was torn as to what to put in each that was age appropriate for my whole age range (1 to 4)...
I can separate by color!

Spixie33
04-04-2012, 11:27 AM
We made these and it took all day!

http://pinterest.com/pin/283375001523554726/

Painting all the feet and hands, then letting them dry, then all the gluing, oh my! But now that they are all assembled and on the wall they are super cute.

We also made egg wreaths and little chickies out of egg cartons and I put little chocolate eggs in them. I bought a ton of jelly beans (bulk barn is expensive!) and clear pastry bags and made them up like big carrots and have a few other little treats tied to the ribbons and that's my gift to the children.

Awwwww those are soooo cute ! I bet you could do the same thing into a brown teddy bear for a teddy bear picnic theme day. I might try that.

I usually do hand /footprints on a separate day...let them dry and cut them and then do the rest the next day if we are doing a hand/foot craft. Otherwise I see why it took you all day. lol At least your day went by fast :p I really love this !

Momof4
04-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Oh yes, it would work on a teddy bear! Or on lots of other animals really. While I had their feet painted I also painted one foot brown and stamped that foot on another paper to make a robin.

http://sweetandsimplethings .blogspot.ca ... robin.html

Our footprints aren't as perfect as the one in the blog, but then they never are. But I think they will turn out cute. I've saved them aside to finish next week. Tomorrow is our Easter egg hunt and games day and today we were at the park all morning to take a break from all that crafting yesterday!

P.S. I don't take credit for finding these great sites. I have a friend who is a genius at finding them.

Spixie33
04-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Oh yes, it would work on a teddy bear! Or on lots of other animals really. While I had their feet painted I also painted one foot brown and stamped that foot on another paper to make a robin.

http://sweetandsimplethings .blogspot.ca ... robin.html

Our footprints aren't as perfect as the one in the blog, but then they never are. But I think they will turn out cute. I've saved them aside to finish next week. Tomorrow is our Easter egg hunt and games day and today we were at the park all morning to take a break from all that crafting yesterday!

P.S. I don't take credit for finding these great sites. I have a friend who is a genius at finding them.

Wow that is a great blog. Having that mom would be like having Martha Stewart as a mom. Double wow. I feel like a slacker mom now. :o

I have been on her blog for over 30 minutes and am like ooohhhhhh awhhhhhhh...wow ! My mind is blown. She may be a genius.Some of her ideas are so simple and yet I never would have thought of it. lol

Momof4
04-04-2012, 08:17 PM
I know, I have so many blogs like that bookmarked and for every season or craft idea or theme you have all you have to do is google or keep up with the best creative blogs and you are set for life!

mamaof4
04-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I have a pintrest board for Easter/Passover stuff. Have I made any of it?? Nope.

mom-in-alberta
04-05-2012, 03:52 AM
I have a pintrest board for Easter/Passover stuff. Have I made any of it?? Nope.

Bahahahaha... story of my life, Mama!!!! :laugh: