PDA

View Full Version : Are they FT or PT :unsure:

Mamma_Mia
04-07-2012, 03:52 PM
We just got back from our family vacation! yay! but boo to be back :laugh:

I got 2 emails re: care and the weird thing is that both these ppl work at the same place! One needs FT 5 days a week care for 2 weeks then nothing for 2 weeks.

Because they are here for 2 full weeks are they considered in the FT $ bracket or because it's technically only 10 days a month a PT?

I haven't replied yet....and I don't want to scare them off since I NEED to fill this spot.

TIA!! (thanks in advance)

Cadillac
04-07-2012, 07:09 PM
weird . . . . . I would charge full time fees for the two weeks they are there and then a small holding fee for the time they arn't.

If you charge a monthly rate I would charge them 3/4 of that. its impossible to fill the space when they are not there so I would make sure you are getting some sort of compensation

Crayola kiddies
04-07-2012, 07:49 PM
I had one almost exact .... Week on week off so I charged a week plus two days for every two week pay period .... If I did it over again I would do it the way someone else said and charge for three of the four weeks as you will never be able to fill the empty weeks.

Momof4
04-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Well, I guess since my contract states that full-time clients pay full weekly rates, no matter if there are stats (closed daycare days), sick or missed days I would charge them the full-time rates for the weeks they attend no matter what. Then on the two weeks they didn't attend I guess I would charge them something, probaby $100/week at the minimum because a space is a space and payment is needed or I would fill the space with a full-time family. We all have to do what is best for ourselves financially so good luck to you in your decision.

playfelt
04-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I would do the same - charge full time rate for the two weeks and then a rate for the non weeks such as 2-3 days. I wouldn't be surprised over time that they will start using 1-2 days in the non weeks just to keep the kids in routine and mom a chance to get things done without the kids in tow.

Mamma_Mia
04-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Great! Thanks ladies :)