PDA

View Full Version : Daycare Closing in Brampton - Come one, come all!

lori123
04-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone had a nice long and relaxing Easter weekend. I just wanted to share some news with everyone.....I've decided to close my daycare and return back to the pharmaceutical industry where I left from nearly six years ago.

It was a tough decision to make but I realized that I would not do daycare forever and I used it to help make ends meet while my 6 year old was at home with me. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it over the years.....but now that grade one is quickly approaching, and I had four turn over in children, a job opportunity just suddenly fell into my lap that I couldn't ignore. I have to admit that I'm nervous about being around adults all day - grins, kids area always easier to get along with!! Along with the flexibility of being at home and shorter hours. However, I certainly won't missing the occasional crying, screaming or potty messes and training! :D

So, if anyone lives in the Brampton area (Chingacousy/Hwy 7 - L7A 1S5) let me know and I can give you my name and address if they are keen on taking a look through what items I have for sale. Some won't be available until the 20th of April as I have kids up until then. Give me an email at gregandlori@rogers.c om if you want to set up a viewing time. I have some of my items on kijiji with pictures if you want to see some.

Even though I never physically met you all, you have all given me great strength, advice and giggles throughout the years on this forum. I wish all of you the best of luck and prosperity in the future. This website is excellent! To name just a few of you, Thanks in particular to Skysue, Alphagetti, Mamaof4, Judy T, Cocoon for all your wonderful and colourful threads - you made my day much brighter after reading! Take care and God bless! xo

dodge__driver11
04-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Good luck on your new venture, well newish..keep checking and posting here, we don't want you to forget about us:P

mom-in-alberta
04-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Best of luck to you in the future, Lori... Some of us are here for a little while, but I know that you can look back at your time as a daycare provider and feel proud that you helped shape some little people's lives.
Congrats on the new job. I wish I lived closer, to take a peek at what ya got! :p

Sandbox Sally
04-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Hi there lori. Congrats on your choice. I wish you the very best of luck in your newest endeavour! I am in Toronto, so I just might have to take a gander at what you have for sale. Are there any key words that you have on your kijiji stuff so I know it's you?

Skysue
04-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Lori I’m so happy for you it sounds like a great opportunity. It will be a nice new change to have adult conversation to fill your days. You now have a whole new skill set to add to your resume with patience at the top of your list.

“If you have to ask if you’ve done enough, you haven’t. Each day brings with it the opportunity to do more than you did yesterday.”

We will miss you!

XO

Momof4
04-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Good luck in your career change. One of the Dad's in my daycare is in the pharmaceudical business in sales and he is assigned to travel all around North America - great job!

playfelt
04-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Good luck Lori. Always nice when an opportunity finds us. Enjoy the new experience.

Cocoon
04-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I hope everything works out for you well. Very happy for you!

Good luck with everything. And God bless you too.

Cocoon

lori123
04-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Thank you everyone....its with excitement and nerves that I venture out! Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. I want to wish everyone the very best too! And feel free if you live close by to email me and drop in to check out my stuff if you like! :)