PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting!!!!!!!!!

michellesmunchkins
04-10-2012, 01:58 PM
OMG!!! So angry about this. I have 2 girls in care. One 2.5 years old and one just turned 2. Both decided to strip down completely naked during naptime, including their diapers...they both decided to poop and pee in my playpens. Not only do I now have to find time to bath them while taking care of the other 3 in care, but will have to spend god only knows how long tonight cleaning and disinfecting my playpens. So disgusted. They are both old enough to know better!! The one child was in a pull up as parents think she is trained even though she refuses to use the potty here. Other child was in a diaper.

Any advice....grrrrrrrrr

Inspired by Reggio
04-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Oh - have not had to deal with this stage since moving to home program!

Are they in the SAME room or was it just coincidence that they both did this?

I know in centre care what we did was put children who did this into a 'backwards onsie' ... aka a sleeper that zipped up and put the zipper in the BACK so they could not access it to get undressed and we turned up the monitor to keep an ear out for 'movement'.

Emily3
04-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh....poor you! Not a pleasant thing to find near the end of the day! Sorry, I have no advice, just sympathy!!!! I will mention that my own just turned 2 daughter is obsessed with taking her clothes off....because she just learned that she can!!! Luckily she does not do it in her bed and never takes off her diaper! I think this is fairly common. I would just go with a big body wipe down and leave parents to do proper bath. I have plastic sheets under my pack and play sheets just in case.

michellesmunchkins
04-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Reggio, different rooms. I use playpens in my bedrooms so nobody has to share a room! I've never had this happen in 5 years of doing daycare. A backwards onsie is a great idea, if the parents will agree to it!

Spixie33
04-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Oh that is awful. No good advice other than I feel so sorry for you !!!

:(
I have had kids poop their pants and felt like tenting my house and spraying the tent with Lysol and bleach just for that. It adds so much extra work and stress to your day.

Inspired by Reggio
04-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Reggio, different rooms!

Oh wow what are the statistically chances of BOTH choosing the same day to do that - yuck for sure! I was thinking they had 'played' off each other to have both done that and was going to suggest separate rooms but that wont work!

Emily3
04-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Oh that is awful. No good advice other than I feel so sorry for you !!!

:(
I have had kids poop their pants and felt like tenting my house and spraying the tent with Lysol and bleach just for that. It adds so much extra work and stress to your day.

Ha ha Spixie.....this is me exactly!!! We just put our house on the market and are havings lots of showings so I feel like attaching auto spray Lysol cans on everyones back!!!!

michellesmunchkins
04-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Oh wow what are the statistically chances of BOTH choosing the same day to do that - yuck for sure! I was thinking they had 'played' off each other to have both done that and was going to suggest separate rooms but that wont work!

My thoughts exactly. I can't believe it. I wiped them both down, but the parents will have to bath them. I would love to lysol, but have one little one who reacts to anything sprayed so I have to wait until 6 when everyone goes home...then out comes the lysol and febreeze. My house smells like a monkey's cage at the zoo!!!! Gross! I think I may have to change the fact that we use our bedrooms for nap times...

lilac
04-10-2012, 04:05 PM
eww... I had a 3.5 yo who was potty trained poop her pants while sleeping on my bed. My daughter had gone up to tell her that quite time was over so I didnt notice until she was sitting up at the table waiting for snack, sucking her thumb. I noticed the hand she had up to her mouth sucking her thumb looked like it had chocolate on it, and we hadnt had any chocolate (gagging here just remembering) realized what must have happened!!! :eek: After getting her all cleaned up I went up to check my bed and I guess she had slid down off the bed and smeared it ALL over my bedspread... sooooo not impressed....

Cadillac
04-10-2012, 04:45 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW . LOL . . . . that's all I have to say

Spixie33
04-10-2012, 04:51 PM
eww... I had a 3.5 yo who was potty trained poop her pants while sleeping on my bed. My daughter had gone up to tell her that quite time was over so I didnt notice until she was sitting up at the table waiting for snack, sucking her thumb. I noticed the hand she had up to her mouth sucking her thumb looked like it had chocolate on it, and we hadnt had any chocolate (gagging here just remembering) realized what must have happened!!! :eek: After getting her all cleaned up I went up to check my bed and I guess she had slid down off the bed and smeared it ALL over my bedspread... sooooo not impressed....

:eek::eek::eek::eek: That might drive me to scream like Kevin in Home alone and then cry and then toss out the whole bed spread. I might then have to sleep on a different bed for a week or two. Ew

I am so picky about germs and the thought of her sucking that brown thumb ---Ahhhhhh !:ohmy: FAINT

Did you get nap mats after that? I can't imagine letting anyone sleep on any of our beds even without accidents but with that incident you win the prize for grossest story ever. LOL

Sandbox Sally
04-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Oh my!! I have actually had this happen to me TWICE. I don't let one of the little ones go to bed without a onesie and pants on now, and the other one, well I was brave and let her nap without a diaper as she is pretty well potty trained, but NEVER AGAIN...lol.

Poop sucks.

Sarah
04-10-2012, 07:05 PM
It happened to me once, with my own son. He was sleeping, but at some point I went to check on him cause it was a lonnnnngggggg nap. I did like Kevin in Home alone, oh yeah! And cried too! And called for my sleeping husband (was working nights then!).

It was a vision of horror. He was really young, still in a baby's crib. He was only wearing a diaper. He took it off, he painted his bed, his face, his body, shook his hands. THERE WAS POOP EVERYWHERE!!! On the walls, on the ceiling, in his mouth, in his hair. It was disgusting.

After that episode (I guess he must have enjoyed it!), he tried numerous time to get undress. Learned really quickly how to take his pants off, even overalls. We never thought about the zipper in the back, but found our solution. We taped it! The diaper, not the baby hahaha!!!! So every day, before nap or bed time, we would tape his diaper

He is 9 and laughs when we tell him this story!

Inspired by Reggio
04-10-2012, 07:15 PM
LOL - I confess according to my mother I have always been creative - I fingerprinted with any medium I could get ahold of including my poop - and I was wee in the 70's when velvet wallpaper was popular ;)

dodge__driver11
04-10-2012, 07:43 PM
ewwwwwwww omg reggio, that made me laugh and gag...:S Same with your story Michelle.

My son was just figuring out how to undo his diapers, and he decided that poop art would be a good idea, and being that I use a wheelchair, I needed some help. So I bathed my son, changed him, and my husband came home to the grossest playpen ever....
He took it out back and hosed it off....

GROSS!!

apples and bananas
04-10-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm so sorry. What a horrible way to end quiet time! I once had a little boy sleeping perfectly quietly. Then I heard "uh oh" from the monitor. I went up and there was poop everywhere! In his hair, all over the play pen ... yuck! Luckily he was my only little one so I threw him in the tub. He hasn't slept a day since withough a onsie on.

michellesmunchkins
04-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm thinking the onsies are a fabulous idea. My poor hubby came home to clean the playpens for me. What a great guy lol. Kids will be kids...but ewwwwww...maybe I should have been more concerned that everyone was napping so quietly and for longer than normal...quiet is now no longer good it means they are up to something haha. Glad to hear everyone has experienced this. My kids never did it, and in 5 years I've never had a dck do it either...guess I've passed the daycare provider initiation :)

mom-in-alberta
04-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Oh, GAWD, I don't even know what to do with this thread.... Hahahaha. I am half laughing and half shuddering at the thought.
This is the reason that I never let my kids sleep in just a diaper, lol. I heard these horror stories when my oldest was a tiny baby. And luckily they never clued into taking the pants off while in the crib. Praying the smallest baby doesn't figure it out, either!!
I have also heard of the backwards onesie idea. Taping the diaper is a great idea. I recommend clear hockey tape ("sock" tape). I use that s#@* on EVERYTHING. It's my version of Red Green's "duct" tape. (or is it "duck"?)
I can't get over the fact that they BOTH did it today..... crazy. ;)

Dreamalittledream
04-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Ha ha...this thread is like road kill. I saw the title and knew I probably shouldn't look...but just HAD to. I am really afraid to say that this has actually never happened to me (Jinx?!). Closest was having the hubby point out (during a nice meal out) that I had a speck of brown on my face about an hour after a diaper change (I wondered why I kept smelling that).

paz
04-11-2012, 10:35 AM
hahahaha cant sopt laughing!! sorry mm but just cant help it with everyones posts but shit happens" lol

Mamma_Mia
04-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I curious to know what you did you discipline them?

I have a 2.5yr old who thankfully didn't pee or poop but removed all clothing and pull-up and I was not pleased. In your case if I walked into the first room I'd pull a home-alone ........walking into the scond room I'd have to give myself a time out before I SNAP! That would get me pretty peeved

Sorry you went though that <<hugs>>

sunnydays
04-11-2012, 12:26 PM
My 22 month old daughter strips every day at naptime...all her clothes and her diaper, but she never pees or poops at naptime. We used to duct tape her diaper too, but she started managing to get that off too, so I don't bother. Thankfully, she stays dry at naps and night. Fingers crossed I never have to go through what you did! I did catch a daycare child once with one tab off the diaper...full of poop...thankfully I checked as she has a hard time going to sleep and often poops! I think it is oh so much worse when it's not your own child!

Skysue
04-11-2012, 12:30 PM
I had two little ones go through this phase as well, and once only with poop. Thank God in my case it was solid little pebble poop LOL. Hydrogen peroxide is an amazing antibacterial cleaner as bleach will ruin the plastic.

The only thing that worked for me was to stand at the door and if I heard them move I would slowly open the door to see what they were up to. If they started to strip I would say no thank you and put there stuff back on and put them back to bed. I had to repeat this process at least 5 -8 times before they got the message; it was 2 days of back and forth at naptime. They need to know you mean business and once they understand they will get back to routine!

Good luck!

P.S can I marry your husband too! Mine would never sign up for poop clean up not even if I were
Angelina Jolie.

michellesmunchkins
04-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Skysue, he's awesome with that type of stuff. I could have cleaned it, but have a weak stomach and just cleaning off the kids was making me gag!!! I'm lucky he's got a rock hard stomach and nothing phases him. I've had to call him once to come home from work and clean up vomit as I just couldn't. He came home, cleaned it and went back to work!

Mama-Mia I am not big on 'hard' discipline. The kids that did it I have had for a year now so they know if I raise my voice and speak in my 'angry' tone that they are REALLY in trouble, because in their little minds I never really get angry. I am all about positive reinforcement for most behaviour issues and for me redirection works like a charm. I very rarely ever have to use time out, but yesterday they were both put on the time out bench because they are both old enough to know better! They also had to deal with being wiped down with cold baby wipes and let's face it thats not pleasant but there is no way I can bath them properly with 3 other kids running around.

I sat them both down and told them how disappointed I was ( I always found that telling my kids I was disappointed in them worked way better then telling them I was angry with them) and how gross and ewwww it was. Then I let them know that we 'lost' our outdoor time because we had to spend so much time cleaning them up that now we couldn't go outside and play. They sat out of our activities for a good 15 minutes.

Today at napped, they were told that if they did it again they would not be allowed to play with their friends this afternoon and they could not participate in crafts. I used my 'angry' voice again lol. Fingers crossed it was a one time event because seriously that is so disgusting. I know kids go through phases but this one MUST end asap!

michellesmunchkins
04-11-2012, 12:51 PM
hahahaha cant sopt laughing!! sorry mm but just cant help it with everyones posts but shit happens" lol

haha this is good, adds a little humour to what happened and I needed that :)

Mamma_Mia
04-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Skysue, he's awesome with that type of stuff. I could have cleaned it, but have a weak stomach and just cleaning off the kids was making me gag!!! I'm lucky he's got a rock hard stomach and nothing phases him. I've had to call him once to come home from work and clean up vomit as I just couldn't. He came home, cleaned it and went back to work!

Mama-Mia I am not big on 'hard' discipline. The kids that did it I have had for a year now so they know if I raise my voice and speak in my 'angry' tone that they are REALLY in trouble, because in their little minds I never really get angry. I am all about positive reinforcement for most behaviour issues and for me redirection works like a charm. I very rarely ever have to use time out, but yesterday they were both put on the time out bench because they are both old enough to know better! They also had to deal with being wiped down with cold baby wipes and let's face it thats not pleasant but there is no way I can bath them properly with 3 other kids running around.

I sat them both down and told them how disappointed I was ( I always found that telling my kids I was disappointed in them worked way better then telling them I was angry with them) and how gross and ewwww it was. Then I let them know that we 'lost' our outdoor time because we had to spend so much time cleaning them up that now we couldn't go outside and play. They sat out of our activities for a good 15 minutes.

Today at napped, they were told that if they did it again they would not be allowed to play with their friends this afternoon and they could not participate in crafts. I used my 'angry' voice again lol. Fingers crossed it was a one time event because seriously that is so disgusting. I know kids go through phases but this one MUST end asap!

Fingers crossed for you!