PDA

View Full Version : What do you do during rest time?

samantha3
04-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Hello,

I am just curious and mostly looking for some new ideas but, what do you do while the children are asleep?

Lately I am soooo bored.... I normally read, watch tv etc. Any good ideas out there? Some thing crafty etc..?

Inspired by Reggio
04-10-2012, 02:28 PM
LOL ... ya after I finish cleaning up from lunch mess and prepping for afternoon snack and doing any 'chores' around the house I spend far too much time on the internet ... between forums and Pinterest nap time is over :o

samantha3
04-10-2012, 02:30 PM
:) LOL Reggio, you are right... there is so much cleaning etc... I am just trying to do something different, I think I will look into this pintrest, it sounds interesting. Thanks!

Inspired by Reggio
04-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Oh be careful it is addictive ... seriously I can spend hours searching for awesome ideas to pin to my boards!

www.pinterest.com

Spixie33
04-10-2012, 02:35 PM
I usually record a show the night before to watch during nap - especially something that you can't watch live with the daycare like a Soap or Ellen etc

I read magazines

Clean up and snack prep takes a hefty chunk and I also fill out my daily reports for the kids about what we ate/did

and I go online or prep crafts

Some days 2 hours is just not enough !! lol

Momof4
04-10-2012, 03:57 PM
My whole main floor is used for naptime with playpens and cots, so I have to go upstairs. Most people have the children in upstairs bedrooms and they can clean and get things done at naptime, but I'm not set up that way. So I have no choice but to sit quietly and read and really enjoy quiet time.

Judy Trickett
04-10-2012, 03:58 PM
I spend most of my time online "mentoring" others.;)

Momof4
04-10-2012, 03:59 PM
I spend most of my time online "mentoring" others.;)

And we love you for it!

Cadillac
04-10-2012, 04:18 PM
I clean . . . then I clean . . . . and then I prep . . . . . and then I find another sneaky mess to clean . . . then i sit down in front of the computer JUST before I hear the first yell . . . . then the rest yell

Sandbox Sally
04-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Yes, I clean, but that only takes me about half an hour. Then, like Reggio and some others, I surf. I NEVER get bored of the internet. :D Sometimes I pretend to fold laundry while surfing, sometimes I don't. I always eat. A lot. lol

mom-in-alberta
04-11-2012, 03:53 AM
I clean . . . then I clean . . . . and then I prep . . . . . and then I find another sneaky mess to clean . . . then i sit down in front of the computer JUST before I hear the first yell . . . . then the rest yell

Pretty much this. LoL.... :rolleyes:

Oh, and usually the first bit of quiet time, I eat my lunch! I don't seem to get to it while the kids are eating, between all the "More, please"s and hand/face wiping.

Dreamalittledream
04-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Sometimes I get a weird joy out of totally switching around the playroom when they are napping...just to mess them up/visually stimulate when they wake up;). Oh and sometimes after prepping a nutritious lunch, wiping thm down & cleaning up dishes etc. sitting down with a bowl of Ruffles chips for lunch and playing computer scrabble is a wonderful vacay.

dodge__driver11
04-11-2012, 10:28 AM
I clean, prep, and catch up on my soap lol

Mamma_Mia
04-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Well for example yesterday I did 2 loads of laundry, ran dishwasher and cleaned kitchen, vacuumed main floor (thank goodness they're all deep sleepers otherwise I wouldn't) then mopped it. Did a quick from-the-knees down window wipe :laugh: and put away all my easter decor. THEN ate lunch while watching the episode of Mob Wives I missed last week! HAHAHAHA

It was a 3hrs nap and I SOOOO enjoyed it!

I love when at drop-off parents say "they went to bed late" = long nap! :D

Spixie33
04-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I love when at drop-off parents say "they went to bed late" = long nap! :D

or when parents drop off saying "susi may be tired today - she woke up really early"

I swear that every day I magically hear a Halleluliah chorus in my head at about 12:10 pm. It is the strangest thing:laugh::p

mom-in-alberta
04-12-2012, 02:56 AM
Hahaha, you girls are funny. :woot:
Mamma Mia; I hope you gave yourself a ribbon that day. That is a champion nap session!!!

dodge__driver11
04-12-2012, 11:07 AM
" I swear that every day I magically hear a Halleluliah chorus in my head at about 12:10 pm. It is the strangest thing"

Like Touched by an Angel or something lol.

I am so lucky lately. all of my part timers come just before lunch, and nap. I give them pm snack and they play or we do circle time, and its time for them to go home...W00t.

So glad I changed my pt schedule, so that I don't have all these strange drop off times..... with the exception of one family, but that's another post. :)

playfelt
04-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Mostly I make me a lunch and eat it while playing on the computer - emails, this forum.

Then I work on my next workshops but mostly get bogged down looking for ideas and finding really neat stuff except what I am looking for - blog hopping, preschool theme hopping.

Then I feed my own child something, change her diapers, etc. before getting daycare kids up and doing their snack.

Mamma_Mia
04-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Hahaha, you girls are funny. :woot:
Mamma Mia; I hope you gave yourself a ribbon that day. That is a champion nap session!!!

I had just gotten back form vacation and left the housework so I had a lot to get done! LOL I don't get that energy boost often so I took advantage! LOL But thanks!