PDA

View Full Version : Moving- Advice needed

LittleLuvbugs
04-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone!

I am in need of some advice. I moved to the home I am currently in about a year and a half ago. My daycare became licensed in August 2011 (not even a year ago)which is when most of my families started. Strata is now causing problems as its apparently a bylaw in my city. We have decided to move based on this information. My question is- How do I tell my daycare parents? I have families that are due to start this summer/fall, what do I tell them? I didn't sign them up knowing I was moving but feel aweful that I will be relocating. It will likely be in the same neighbourhood, that being said do you think parents will be angry or happy that the kids will have more space? Any advice would be great. So stressed :(

playfelt
04-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Since you are moving for a specific reason that it is sort of like not a choice and parents will understand that. If you are going to be within the same region many families will probably follow you to the new house provided there isn't too much of a gap in service.

Start making your plans in terms of finding the house and determining when you will be moving and then let your parents know how it will effect them.

LittleLuvbugs
04-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks Playfelt. I have been up all night for weeks stressing about it! Just so worried I will lose my daycare kids. My plan is to have my family and I focus on the daycare when we move and have it all ready to go over the weekend so we wont have to close :)

michellesmunchkins
04-11-2012, 11:32 AM
I think if they are happy with your daycare and you don't move too far away from where you are now they will all follow you. If you don't have to close for more than a couple days, most families will be understanding. I have a family who drives 20 minutes to get to me each day even though there are home daycares located on their street and within a 2 minute walk from them :)

Momof4
04-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Aw, don't stress! It sounds like you are upgrading to a better place and if you are still in the same neighbourhood the parents shouldn't mind at all. I would type up a letter or email or call the new parents who are starting later and keep everyone informed though.

Cadillac
04-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Sorry . . . . What is Strata?

dodge__driver11
04-11-2012, 06:35 PM
strata is like condo stuff is it not...? I am sure everyone will understand. Good luck!!

mom-in-alberta
04-12-2012, 02:52 AM
I don't know what strata and kike mean (although I thought kike was a religious slur??).... but I think that if YOU approach this as a positive change, then that will transfer to the parents. You can explain your reason, if you feel you need, but I would more so explain the BENEFITS of the move.

LittleLuvbugs
04-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Thanks Ladies! Townhouses and apartments are usually ran by a strata to make sure people keep things consistant and respectful to the other owners. For example, mine mows our lawn and tends to the plants. We have to ask permission for anything outside of our house. We would never be able to paint the outside a different colour. They usually handle complaints and stuff. I hope that makes sense. Im going to tackle the letter tonight! Wish me luck!

Bookworm
04-16-2012, 08:10 AM
mom in alberta, I think dodge meant to type "like", not kike. I agree with mom in alberta though, if you approach this as a positive move which will improve the quality of care then Im sure parents will stay on with you.

dodge__driver11
04-16-2012, 09:13 AM
oops LOL I have to type fast sometimes, yeah like...HAHAHHHAHAAH Sorry mom in ab.

Love ,

Dodge
AKA Ginger

mom-in-alberta
04-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Ooooooh, that does make more sense. LoL... :woot:
I was thinking "that seems like a poor choice for a nickname/short form of something!!"
Hahahaha