PDA

View Full Version : Interview tomorrow!!!

Littledragon
04-12-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm really excited but SO nervous. I need three more kids to be smooth sailing once my mat leave is up and this is one more towards those three. I NEED this but I am nervous she's going to be some quack or not what I want, or she won't like me. Any advice?

playfelt
04-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Other than relax so you don't come across as desparate or worse yet confused and crazy not really, lol. It never gets easier. I still go into panic mode when I have to do an interview. Just remember you are interviewing them for a position in YOUR daycare. Do not let them intimidate you no matter how hard they try. And good luck with it all.

mom-in-alberta
04-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Totally agree with Playfelt!! Don't pretend to be anything that you are not... it won't work out in the long run.
Have a good one, and GOOD LUCK Samantha!!!!

Sandbox Sally
04-13-2012, 09:57 AM
If the conversation is free flowing and easy, you know you've found your family! I usually start with, "well I'm sure you have a hundred questions from me, so let's start there." This opens up a dialogue, and almost starts it as an interview. Then I ask questions, etc, and you get a feel for who they are, what they are looking for and so on.

Good luck! You've got this!

playfelt
04-13-2012, 11:01 AM
My first question is ok tell me about the kind of care you are looking for - this elicits everything from their hours, days, previous horror stories as in anything different than to their priorities of no tv or only adult scheduled activities - ie not just play. I like starting with such an opened ended question because it tells me a lot about the family and what is foremost on their mind. Then I can procede from there to get the answers I need as well as let them ask more questions. It also starts out on a casual basis rather than ok here is my contract lets go over it step by step and that should answer all your questions - what that does is scare the whatever out of families as it becomes too much info in a short space of time and too many do and don't commands.

Inspired by Reggio
04-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Sending you some filler up vibes and I agree - be relaxed and positive that you will attract the best family for your program and they WILL come!

Momof4
04-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Playfelt is right, be calm and relaxed and confident and remember to speak slowly and calmly. Sit down and plan the interview in your mind and how you want the conversation to flow. I had a span of almost 3 years between interviewing so it was brand new again because I had forgotten how to do it but I made myself notes and checked them near the end of the interview to make sure I had covered all the points I thought were most important. Professional confidence is most important.