PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day 2012 ideas

Inspired by Reggio
04-13-2012, 08:52 PM
So I am a planner ... and Mother's day is only 4 weeks away I am starting to try to think if something 'new/different' for this year because I have clients who've been here for multiple Mother's Day now and want their last Mother's Day gift from daycare to be both memorable and different from their kiddies so was thinking I would ask what others have done in years past or are doing for 2012?

With several of the kids currently in the program we've done
1. Handprints on clay pot and planted gerber daisies for mama to transplant to garden
2. Butterfly Feet painted canvas
3. Tea Towel with a Red Handprint turned into a strawberry with green glitter 'dots' and stem that said 'Berry Best Mom' love child name
4. Popsicle stick scrap paper holder to hang on the fridge that had we decorated up with paper flower embellishments and glitter that said 'Love Notes' on it
5. Clay Fingerprint Necklace with additional fancy pony beads added to it

Looking for some new ideas that people have done that were well received by mamas ... this is my last year needing a new idea cause next year I can restart with idea number ONE and rinse later and repeat until that crew heads off to Grade One ;)

Dayhome Mamma
04-14-2012, 01:39 AM
Great Projects you got there. How about a "flower garden" picture/collage that you can put in a dollar store frame. This way you're working with the idea of giving their mom flowers on mother's day as well as giving them a piece of art work that she can keep for memories sake? I have had fun doing that. We did it for our Spring project. You can buy different flower stickers or use/make petals from different pieces of paper or objects, etc. We made long and narrow pieces of paper, glued on "grass" which you should be able to find a lot of in the clearance from Easter, drew or stuck sticks to what were supposed to be stems and then had fun choosing different flower tops.
I'm totally going to have to keep your ideas stacked as well....especially the clay fingerprint necklaces! That's really a great one!