PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ottawa

bridlewood
04-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Well, sorta Ottawa- Kanata.
I originally started running a home daycare from an apartment building in Nepean last September 2011, after my mat leave ended with number one) and liked it quite a bit. Unfortunately, another resident of the building took notice of me with big stroller and little ones walking to school and not only plagiarized my ad but offered full day service at $20. Ya, seriously! And posted in laundry room and I lost my dck's to her.
Anyways, I have moved to a nice house in Kanata and am on to bigger and better things. :D Many thanks to the CCPRN here in Ottawa for support.

Inspired by Reggio
04-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Congrats on the new start ... and may karma bite the plagerist is the ass one day soon! I had someone steal my website word for word once - did not even change my name on the pages :rolleyes:

Play and Learn
04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Welcome! I grew up in Bells Corners. :)

dodge__driver11
04-25-2012, 08:54 PM
WOW really reggio, that blows and welcome to daycarebear!!! Hello from SK

bridlewood
04-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Congrats on the new start ... and may karma bite the plagerist is the ass one day soon! I had someone steal my website word for word once - did not even change my name on the pages :rolleyes:

LOL, can't write ad, can't realize that changing name is necessary when stealing ad, ya, please watch my child.... good grief!

playfelt
04-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Hi Bridlewood. I am in Orleans so the opposite end of Ottawa but also a member of CCPRN and yes love the support we get from them. Enjoy your new start and I agree - may the fates dole out someone their just dues. We had a caregiver here in Orleans a few years back "borrowing" from websites and it was actually someone that came for an interview and started reading the handout I gave her and said she got the exact same handout the night before and turned to it in her binder. There were a few things in it that were specific to my house and my situation so she knew it was mine. Needless to say that caregiver lost that client for sure. I didn't take her for other reasons either but in that case it did come to bite her so yes the fates do their work in due time.

mom-in-alberta
04-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Hey there! Welcome and congrats on your new (old) business venture! :D

Sandbox Sally
04-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Welcome to DCB Forum!

Momof4
04-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Welcome, you will love it here, very helpful information and great support.

Monday 2 Friday Mama
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi there - I can't believe that someone would poach your clients so brazenly. Glad to hear that you've had the last laugh. A quick question for you (if you don't mind) I'm also a caregiver in Bridlewood and I have found that this summer (2012) has been incrediably quiet. Normally I'd have a few prospective clients contact me each month - this summer - nadda. =( I'm trying to stay calm, but I am starting to worry - I have two spaces I'd like to fill - any thoughts ? Also, my hours are 7:15 to 5:15 - is this long enough ? I'm not sure what hours other private caregivers keep and my last couple of potential clients chose licenced daycare centres over private home care.

BlueRose
08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Hello and Welcome :D

jazmic
08-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi and welcome! I'm in "Farrhaven". LOL

playfelt
08-02-2012, 07:21 AM
It has been fairly quiet here in Orleans too or parents that are looking for very specific things. My biggest issue is that I speak only English so not a good thing in an area considered fully bilingual.

Crayola kiddies
08-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Hi I'm from just outside of "farrhaven" ..... I remember you posting about that person that stole all your clients.... $20/day huh! ... Too bad she doesn't feel she's worth more ! I find the calls come in spurts .... I have had lots of inquires but they have been mostly for school age and I'm not interested in that. I open at 6:45 .... I find that parents need the early drop off in order to get into the city. It also makes my day end early..... 4:30 ; )