PDA

View Full Version : Arts & crafts supplies

admin
03-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Hello everyone!

Where do you get your arts & crafts supplies? Do you go to a specific store for all your needs, shop around, or try to reuse / recycle existing supplies as much as possible?

:)

Play and Learn
03-07-2011, 01:21 PM
I find that Dollarama and A Buck or Two are my favourite places to go! Otherwise, I'll go to Walmart to get items that I really want, like finger painting paper.

mamaof4
03-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Discountschoolsupply .com :)

giraffe
03-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Dollarama, costco, micheals (if I have to)

GrinsNGiggles
03-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Dollar Stores, Walmart, scholars choice and I`ll hit Micheals discounted supplies.

4Sparkles
03-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Dollar stores and walmart

Spixie33
04-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Discountschoolsupply .com :)

I don't see that they ship to Canada :unsure::(

bright sparks
06-18-2012, 12:17 PM
I know this is an old post but I'm suprised nobody has mentioned a resource centre???? I am in Niagara Region and they have a resource centre as do Halton region (its in Milton) and one in Hamilton. If you are any kind of childcare provider whether in a centre at home or a teacher you can have a membership which is generally between 30-50 dollars annually or if the centre isnt in your area you can pay a $5 day pass. Resource centres are fantastic as they have die press machines so no more expensive trips to Micheals and no basing your themed crafts around whatever the dollar store has in stock. The die cuts really are fabulous and theres everything you can imagine there. They also tend to have recycling stations there so where people and businesses donate unwanted product that could be used for creative arts and crafts. For example. End of roll fabrics and wallpapers, yogurt tubs, buttons, scrap paper, anything that you could imagine. It tends to cost a few dollars to fill a basket or a grocery bag. Its hit and miss whats there but lots of potential. The resource centres also usually have lending libraries with themed boxes for activities and games, audio books and big books to borrow and laminating services. They can be a great place to get involved with workshops and courses also. Fantastic places and I couldn't imagine not having them available to me. They are an invaluable and cheap resource available to daycare providers. Have a look on the internet to find out if there is one serving your area :)

Inspired by Reggio
06-18-2012, 04:30 PM
I agree Bright - I have not seen this thread before but agree making use of the Resource centre if you have one .... great for toy lending library as well so you can 'rotate' toys without having to keep and store them in your house!

Toregone
06-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Anyone know how I would find out if they have some sort of resource centre in the Edmonton area? I would love to take advantage of something like that. It sounds amazing.

mimi
06-19-2012, 11:19 AM
I love dollarrama and walmart. I also go to Michaels with one of their discount coupons AFTER a seasonal event or holiday such as valentines day and easter. These items are always on sale and with the coupon you can get a good deal on some higher quality items you don't normally find in the discount stores. I just store them for next year.

bright sparks
06-25-2012, 06:08 PM
I love dollarrama and walmart. I also go to Michaels with one of their discount coupons AFTER a seasonal event or holiday such as valentines day and easter. These items are always on sale and with the coupon you can get a good deal on some higher quality items you don't normally find in the discount stores. I just store them for next year.

I get stuff all year round when its on sale and stock up for future years. Theres also a website called www.craftylittlebugs .co.uk

I get their emails and they have some GREAT sales. The shipping from UK is suprisingly cheap and their product is quite often cheaper too. Theres also lots of things that they stock which I can't get over here. I tend to ask around to get a bigger order so I CAN split the shipping but its not that high to begin with anyway.