PDA

View Full Version : Nap time!!!

Mamma_Mia
05-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Oh how I love thee!!

:laugh::yes::thumbsu p::glomp::wave::thum bsup::yes::D

been one of THOSE days ***BUT*** dcg is now sleeping for the first time without her 'sucky'. She'll be 3yrs old in 4 days - ready or not its time to be done and parents didn't think she'd sleep without it. She whimperd for 2 min, by the time I got downstairs she was quiet and OUT!

apples and bananas
05-01-2012, 01:13 PM
What a great feeling! Congratulations on winning that battle.

Inspired by Reggio
05-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh the weaning off of sleep time soothers is the worst - I too cringe at the thought of upsetting the sleep time apple cart so to speak and having to listen to 'screaming' protests - but they generally do it way easier for US that at home anyway!

Congratulations on her quick wean off of it!!!

Mamma_Mia
05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks!! Let see how long it'll last for though LOL since I don't think the parents have the strength to NOT give in and she's plays them like no tomorrow. I let mom know via text that she didn't CRY but was sulky and is sleeping, hopefully she will see that it CAN be done.

playfelt
05-01-2012, 02:15 PM
When I move them from playpen to sleep mat the soother, blankie whatever does not transition. Big kids don't need them for sleep so if you want to be with the big kids then leave them in the playpen. I used to allow one stuffy for nap till I had to intervene in a stuffy toss one naptime and that was it - you are here to sleep not play.

Momof4
05-01-2012, 06:24 PM
You are patient! I weaned my 16 month old and 17 month old daycare children off their naptime soothers months ago! However, my two 4 year olds always bring a cuddle to sleep with every day, hehe, but they have to stay in their backpacks until naptime then go back in there as soon as naps are done.

Mamma_Mia
05-01-2012, 08:45 PM
You are patient! I weaned my 16 month old and 17 month old daycare children off their naptime soothers months ago! However, my two 4 year olds always bring a cuddle to sleep with every day, hehe, but they have to stay in their backpacks until naptime then go back in there as soon as naps are done.

Honestly the parents are horrible! They baby her to NO-END it's sad....I'm starting to teach her to put on her shoes or to dress herself or put on her coat....((sigh))

Guess what I found out today....this 3 YEAR OLD still gets a bottle in the early morning!!! A BOTTLE!!!! WTF??? And she apparently has 4 suckies in her bed....plus she always has a receiving blanket AND a bunny to sleep!!! I'm going nuts...right away when she arrives I put all three items on the stairs and say "its for nap time only" She doesn't protest.

Right now I only have 2 dck so they sleep in playpens...if I had (and will be next month) a baby then the oldest gets booted out and into a sleep mat. That will be her and by then I will NOT allow a suckie....I'm debating on the bunny.

This is also my bad eater....she's a sweetheart but my DD who is 27months tomorrow is more independent and she's behind compared to her peers. It's frusterating I tell ya's!

Momof4
05-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Yes, I hear you! My 2 year old boy's Dad let it slip last week that he still lets his son have his soother and he hasn't needed it here in almost a year. So what did I do? Go right down in the face of the little boy and say, J, that is so very bad for your teeth! Haha, I'm a b**ch! Subliminal parental messages work sometimes, grrrrrrrr. I don't care about blankets & cuddles, but soothers and bottles mean bacteria on the teeth and deformed teeth!