PDA

View Full Version : Payment methods

admin
03-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Hello!

Which payment methods do you accept? Cash only, checks, direct deposit to your bank account...?
Which one do you prefer personally?

:)

Play and Learn
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
I accept Cash and Cheques. Prefer cash, as I only get to leave the house during the weekends, as I run two businesses from home.

I know for my dance school - parents prefer giving me cheques because of a lump sum of a months worth of classes.

ceECE
03-07-2011, 03:08 PM
It's always been cash or checks for me, but I was wondering if any parents ever asked to pay by visa to gain air miles points??
I personally do prefer post dated checks. They are easily tracked and they are in the child's file ready to go :yes:

FS2011
03-09-2011, 12:06 PM
It's cash only for me, however I have started adding interac email money transfer options. This allows for my bank account details to remain private. I don't wanna play around with cheques. I worked in a bank and saw so much fraud and nsf's , I'd rather have the Gaurentee.

Emilys4Guppies
03-09-2011, 12:54 PM
I prefer cash or email transfer. Most of my parents pay by transfer.

4Sparkles
03-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Currently taking checks. I have accepted cash in the past. My preference is for checks. Easier for parents and myself for accounting purposes.

playfelt
03-09-2011, 02:20 PM
I do cash or cheque and most do cheque and some do post dated ones - which I don't receipt until after I have cashed each one. Ran into a situation in the past where I had receipted the lot of them and the family left and put a stop payment on the cheques so could have been bad in an audit without a lot of other paperwork available. I do mention the interac option during interviews and have one that does it. I use the interac option for my felt business instead of credit cards one so I don't have to have information and two less fees - free to me and to most customers depending on their banking plan. Most don't mind paying the fee for the peace of mind their credit info is safe.

Tot-Time
03-09-2011, 06:08 PM
My families have 2 choices: post dated cheques or email interact transfers. I have 1/2 using cheque and have using email interact transfers. Because the bank is out of the way, I would prefer all families to use email interact transfers :)

giraffe
03-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Cash or check. But one bounced check warrents you a "cash only" payment

Emilys4Guppies
03-09-2011, 07:39 PM
I absolutely agree that a bounced cheque means cash only.

daycare woman
03-15-2011, 09:31 PM
I prefer 6 months worth of post-dated cheques. I've gone through to many families "forgetting" to pay on Friday and then I end up seeing it sometime next week. I'm done with this too! I like having control over my money. No more options in my daycare, post dated chqs only. If you have a chq that bounces you can go to the bank its from, as long as its not presidents choice cause then your screwed, but if its a bank you can try and get your money every week for 6 months. Trust me I've tried! Unless of course there's a stop payment then your really done. I'm not sure I like email because then the parent has way to much control and I have lazy parents who I would have to call and remind to send it over. I now refuse to call for my money!
What I did change at the beginning when I was easy going, I changed my pay day to Thursday, that way if they forgot the chances were good they would remember Friday.