PDA

View Full Version : DC Website Information/Creation

Mamma_Mia
05-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Hello ladies!

I looked back on older posts re: websites and found a lot recomended www.webs.com and www.weebly.com for FREE sites. I've created one in each site until I decide which I like more :) I'll be ready to launch.

I curently have a bit of what's provided, about me section, going rates, business hours, approximate location, photo's of all areas and a contact me/us tab.

I know some people put up their manual but I feel that it would be giving too much away and leaves room for judging me without meeting me, KWIM? What else should I add? remove? Thoughs?

THANKS!!!

Sandbox Sally
05-09-2012, 01:47 PM
PM'ing you :)

Inspired by Reggio
05-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Hmmm ... I am not a good one to weigh in I am one of those put it all on there people cause I would rather weed out anyone who is going to be put off by my contract or expectations for potty training or whatever 'deal break'.

Off top of my head of things parents seem to 'ask' about ... did you cover the menu served either samples of past ones or lists of 'typical things served' and if you accommodated food allergies?

Outside time or field trips taken off site - that is a deal breaker for many?

Testimonials - a page with some of your 'highlights' from reference letters for them to read?

I have a 'space available' page where I cover the current group dynamic - no names just the ages and genders of my group and a little 'blurb' about them so for example ' a two year old boy with a passion for soccer and all things Thomas, a three year old boy whose joy of building with blocks is only surpassed by being able to bake up a storm in the kitchen' and so forth helps clients to get a 'feel' for the group and if their child would 'fit in' so to speak ... cause some people are anal and want a kid their 'own kids age' for play or would not enroll their girl in a daycare if the rest were all boys and I do not want to waste my time interviewing someone whose reason for not choosing me is that they want another 1 year old for their kid to play with and my crew is all over 2 or something ... however others might over look that desire if they see 'hey the one kids loves blocks - so does my kid'.

Inspired by Reggio
05-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Oh - if you have pets or are pet free is another deal break for many seeking care.

Sandbox Sally
05-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Oooooh Reggio, I love that idea of giving a little synopsis of your current group! Clever. As a parent it'd sway me too.