PDA

View Full Version : Enrollment Contract

Toregone
05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Hello,
I've recently opened and for my contract I found a good sample and heavily edited to suit my needs. I'm looking for some input from other providers. Any comments are appreciated!

Thanks!
Megan

Dayhome Enrollment Contract
Monkey Doodles Dayhome

This is a child care agreement between

Megan A Dobson

&

____________________ __ ____________________ __

For care of the following child(ren): List full name(s) and current age(s)

Guardian Name: ____________________ _____________
Relationship to child(ren):_________ __________________
Contact phone numbers: _________________ (c) _________________ (w) _________________ (h)
 Authorization to pick up?

Guardian Name: ____________________ _____________
Relationship to child(ren):_________ __________________
Contact phone numbers: _________________ (c) _________________ (w) _________________ (h)
 Authorization to pick up?

Emergency Contact(s) in the event a guardian can not be reached: (please provide phone number)

____________________ ____________________ ______________  Authorization to pick up?

____________________ ____________________ ______________  Authorization to pick up?

The terms of the agreement are as follows:

Days of care
The dayhome is open to Monday through Friday. Weekends can be arranged at an additional rate.

Hours of Care:
The dayhome is open from 7:30am –5:30pm. Other hours will be considered upon special request. If other arrangements have been made it will be noted in the “additional information” section of this agreement.

Fees:
There will be a fee of $________ per month payable in advance no later than the 1st of each month. If a biweekly payment schedule is requested that will be accommodated. It shall be noted in the “additional” information section of this agreement.

Late picks ups (anytime after your scheduled pick up time) will be charged a fee of $5.00 for every 10 minutes after this time. This fee is to paid same day. I do understand that there are circumstances beyond your control (weather, traffic accidents) and will make exceptions provided you call and notify me you will be late.

The preferred method of payment is email money transfer. However I will accept cash or cheque. There will be a $25.00 fee for any cheques returned NSF. This is in addition to any fees charged by my bank which will also be your responsibility. You will receive grace for the first cheque returned however a second NSF will result in all monthly fees paid strictly by cash or email money transfer.

Fees will be reduced for any vacation time I take (excepting stat holidays). However if your family wishes to take a vacation and remove your child from care for that time there will be no fee reduction. I will provide a minimum of two weeks notice prior to taking a vacation.

Fees will be reduced if the dayhome is to close however if you choose not to send your child or your child is ill there will not be a reduction.

The dayhome will be closed for the following stat holidays;
New Year's Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Heritage Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day

These are included in your rate and will not be discounted. If a stat holiday falls on a weekend I will take one day in lieu off usually the following Monday.

Supplies:
Guardians are to supply the following: infant formula, toddler formula (if needed), baby food, diapers, pulls up, wipes. There will also be a “seasonal” supply list sent home on occasion. This may include items such as sunscreen, sun hat, snow pants etc. All other supplies are the responsibility of the dayhome.

Termination of Care & Trail Period:
There will be a trial period of one month. This trial period will allow your child to adjust to their new surroundings. During this period either party can terminate care without notice. Any fees paid for which care was not provided will be refunded.

After the trial period if I have to terminate care I will provide two weeks written notice before doing so. In the instance of unpaid fees or unacceptable/inappropriate behaviour by parent however I reserve the right to terminate immediate.

If you wish to terminate care after the trial period please provide two weeks written notice prior to doing so. If you are unable to provide this notice fees are still payable in full for that month. I need adequate time to fill your childs spot.

Additional Information:

Guardian Signature Guardian Signature

Date: Date:

Provider Signature

Date:

ECE53
05-16-2012, 07:07 AM
Looks good I would suggest you get paid biweekly instead of monthly ( months have different amounts of days) and have them pay in advance. Also make sure you're are clear that Parents pay when their children are away sick. Also just curious why you are not providing yourself with paid sick days or holidays. 5 sick days and 10 paid holidays are the minimum here. Good luck !
Also you should add an illness policy - things that you will not let the children attend daycare when they have it fever, vomiting etc. Check with your local health dept for things you should exclude for.

Toregone
05-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Looks good I would suggest you get paid biweekly instead of monthly ( months have different amounts of days) and have them pay in advance. Also make sure you're are clear that Parents pay when their children are away sick. Also just curious why you are not providing yourself with paid sick days or holidays. 5 sick days and 10 paid holidays are the minimum here. Good luck !
Also you should add an illness policy - things that you will not let the children attend daycare when they have it fever, vomiting etc. Check with your local health dept for things you should exclude for.

The monthly payment is the same regardless of the amount of days of care. The norm here in Edmonton is to charge a monthly rate not weekly or daily. Then parents pay in advance for a month. I offer 1st and 15th payments if parents choose but so far no one has taken me up on that.

I had my child in daycare for 1.5 years and I never had any of the providers have paid sick or vacation days. I honestly didn't think that was possible. I used both agency providers and private dayhomes and they had the same rules. Paid stats, no paid vacation or sick days. Days the child in care were sick however are still charged. That seems to be the norm here but I'm going to look into a little further. I know my "sister dayhome" (we partner for field trips and cover each others sick days) doesn't even pay herself for stats.

Hmm in my policy manual I provide parents I have my illness policy listed. Should I make sure it's in the contract as well? I assumed that in the policy manual was enough, but perhaps I should have parents sign off on it.

Play and Learn
05-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Also just curious why you are not providing yourself with paid sick days or holidays. 5 sick days and 10 paid holidays are the minimum here. Good luck !

It depends on your location ECE53. Where I am (south of Ottawa), it's not the norm to have paid sick days. The only paid days I get are when I'm open and stat holidays.

But agree with ECE53 on you need an Illness policy. PM me, and I can help if you want!

Crayola kiddies
05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Ok well I have a contract and I have a policy handbook ....the contract only states the hours days rate and parental and caregiver signatures..... The handbook is where all my rules are ... Illness policy, termination policy, potty training, quiet time , payment options, late fees, ect ....I have the parents initial each page of the hand book and sign in certain spots ..... Does this make sense? Is this how you have yours set up?
I have three weeks paid holiday, 5 paid personal days , one paid bereavement day, and my sick days are unpaid. In otherwords all 52 weeks are paid for except for my own sick days.

mom-in-alberta
05-16-2012, 11:13 AM
It does depend. I am a little north of Calgary, and I am able to build vacation/sick days (paid) into my fees. So, I charge slightly less than I could get away with charging, but I have Stats off, plus 10 vacation and a max of 4 personal days that I can take with pay. Parents also pay for their sick and vacation days.
If a parent was to ask how I "justify" the fees, I would explain that I charge a flat rate in order for them to hold the SPOT as opposed to a number of hours or days. If I was going to take UNpaid days off, I would charge a higher monthly fee, that would sometimes fluctuate.

Inspired by Reggio
05-16-2012, 12:00 PM
I agree - illness policy is a must!

Paid sick days or vacation for the provider definitely varies per region and often per neighborhood - not the 'norm' in my neighborhood but I factored them into my fees as well over the past 5 years instead of raising my rates ... so clients have two options the lower base fee that is the same 52 weeks a year or a higher weekly fee that fluctuates lower if I am sick or on vacation they do not pay ... but at tax time every full time client who was here for the full year has a receipt that is pretty much the same cause the plans are basically identical except I rounded up the higher fee so they actually pay a couple bucks more each year to NOT pay me for vacation or sick days ;)

I am another one who has a short 'contract' with the financial components and than an 'electronic' handbook with the policy and procedures of my service to save on paper being printed out and kept for 7 years :o ... the last line of the contract states 'I have read and agree to abide by the policies and procedures of XYZ home childcare.' That way if i need to update/revise a policy or procedure for the program due a new life lesson I can just send out a new electronic version that replaces the old one without making everyone resign contracts....the only time i make them resign the contract is when I change something about the financial agreement.