PDA

View Full Version : Forms Needed

Toregone
05-16-2012, 09:51 AM
I recently opened my dayhome and realized today I forgot some very important forms! *head smack*

I currently have:
- Enrollment Contract
- Transportation Form
- All About My Child
- Emergency / Health Information

I also have a policy/procedure manual.

However I do not have incident reports, medication release forms, or individual field trips consent forms. I am wavering on if I need field trips forms or not as in my transportation form it grants me access for all emergency trips as well as field trips.

What others so I need? I can not believe I forgot medication release forms!

Inspired by Reggio
05-16-2012, 12:21 PM
I worked in centre care so have that anal paperwork mentality engrained in me

I have:

Financial Contract
Child's information form ---- home address, birthday of child, parent 1 contact info and birthday, parent 2 contact info and birthday, two emergency contact persons info, who child can be released to list, Dr name and contact info, Dentist name and contact info. Medical allergies or special considerations.
All about me ... foods they eaten or not tried yet, diaper routine needs, sleep tips and so forth
Immunization form with current shots or a letter of objection
Consent forms ... for first aid and CPR with topical ointments or with just 'water', permission for sunscreen application and perimeters it will be applied under, tooth brushing with paste or just with water, field trips and outings by foot, by public transportation and by my vehicle with instructions on car seat installation preference, consent to be photographed and under what circumstances
Parent Handbook with program policies and procedures

Forms for as needed:

Boo Boo reports - injuries that required first aid
Incident report (serious behaviour management incidence)
Medication consent

I keep a daily log for my eyes only which has the

daily attendance
Program highlights of each day
Menu served
Diaper/Washroom notes
Accidents or incident notes
Convos with clients I might want to remember

mom-in-alberta
05-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Luckily, all the ones you forgot can be filled in on an "as needed" basis. I also have parents sign a photo release form, but I don't think it's really a requirement. I am just paper-happy, hahaha.
I also just have a transportation form, because it covers all scenarios.

Inspired by Reggio
05-16-2012, 02:03 PM
.... I also have parents sign a photo release form, but I don't think it's really a requirement. I am just paper-happy, hahaha.....

I agree for me it is to prevent 'conflict' and to 'cover my ass' .... sadly with raising children there are a 100 different definitions of 'common sense' and what might seem natural for me to do and think it is not a big deal might make another persons skin crawl and so forth so the more I have clearly laid out and SIGNED the less I can have someone coming back and freaking out on me!

It never ceases to amaze me the things that might set off a client :(

One of my current clients pulled their kid from a program because the provider thought it was perfectly safe to pile 6 kids between the age of 1 and 7 onto golf cart and drive 8 km down a country road with cars going 80km an hour as a 'field trip' to a friends farm and could not understand why the client was PISSED with her .... the provider A) did not have a signed consent form to leave the property with the children and no policy that stated this was something to 'expect' in the program and B) the kids were in a motor vehicle with no car seats which the client felt was not only illegal but dangerous .... so for many of us that would be common sense NOT to do this but for the provider obviously she felt it was common sense .... however for the parent of a 3 year old the thought of them being on a road with cars traveling that speed with no 'protection' at all freaked her out and did not seem 'common sense' at all.... if the provider had a 'consent form' or a 'field trip policy' in place that outlined this was part of the program the client never would have signed on in the first place.

Same with things like supervision .... some people feel it is fine to leave some children outside in a fenced yard alone while the adult supervises from inside the other children while others that would be a disaster in waiting of what happens if there is an emergency outside and you have to leave the inside kids alone unsupervised or vice versa and the kids outside get into stranger danger issue and the adult is inside not 'noticing' cause the inside kids are having an emergency and so forth .... or willingness to take 'risks' like that vary depending on the value we see in the activity.

Momof4
05-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I don't have forms like that. I cover everything in my contract, including field trips, accidents, sicknesses, vaccination policy, etc. and the parents initial every paragraph so that is my consent. I don't medicate children except from a doctor prescribed bottle so that clause is in my contract as well. I do have medical emergency forms that I have in a separate book that goes everywhere with me in case the paramedics need the information or I have to call the parents when we are out, but that's it. I like things simple and I don't want a ton of paperwork.