PDA

View Full Version : Dc kids's father called at nigh thier kids are not coming from tomorrow, because....

Mrs Ahmed
05-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi daycare providers,
As you guys can understand from the title what and how ppl are selfish now a days,the dad just called me that we have found someone near us so we don't have to drive to you but as I understand every thing as a mature and experienced lady that before that when they were saying our kid is little upset because of your kid and he is constantly crying every morning, I felt guilty and I said you can talk to your kid If you guys are not comfortable here you can change but they said no we are realy happy here.One day but I should say third time these guys were late and I only said pls try to be on time because I have kids too so it is hard for me, and they got realy frustrated. For the surprise I want to tell you these guys were coming now a days at 7:15 before that they were coming 6:45 to 6:30.( 110$/week/kids)I was chrging them:(
As far as I know myself I treated them like a family but what I have learnt a lesson from this experience distance is very essential in terms and relation otherwise ppl will take advantage of yours and when they will find someone better than you they will run toward them that's my experience.
Because these guys told me just one night before thats why I had to stay without income for 3 weeks( I am really upset at this insulted behavior of them).
Can you guys please tell me what to do in this situation.
thanks everyone

playfelt
05-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Aw that is not nice the way they treated you. Unfortunately in this business parents think about their own convenience and don't care how it affects the daycare provider.

Many providers ask for a two week deposit when a family starts care that is used for the last two weeks of care. In this case since the family did not give enough notice they would lose that money and it would become your payment for the next two weeks even though they were not in care anymore.

My guess is that it isn't anything that you said or did that made them leave so don't worry about that part. I think they just realized that the distance they had to drive to get to your house was making them late as in it was taking them longer than they thought it was going to. The dishonest part is that even while they were having their children with you they were probably still interviewing with the plan to move to someone closer as soon as they found openings. Again nothing you did just what would make their life easier.

Here's hoping you can find a replacement family that will appreciate the work you put into your daycare.

Momof4
05-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Another unfortunate lesson to prove to all of us that we MUST think of ourselves and our businesses in a professional manner at all times when dealing with the parents and leave out our hearts and the way we love the child when making any decision.

I'm sorry this happened to you Mrs. A and I hope you find a great family to fill your spaces quickly. Darn that selfish family!!!! None of us should put up with disrespect and we should all be happy with our career choice to be self-employed. Keep advertising, interviewing and find a family who will value the wonderful daycare service that you offer.

Sandbox Sally
05-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Sorry to hear that someone was so horrible to you when you went out of your way to make them feel at home...

Unfortunately, there are people like that, and every once in a while we will encounter them. I hope that the family who replaces them is wonderful to you.

Hugs